Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Mixed Media on Canvas by Janet O’Neal, Santa Fe artist
If you know someone in the Oklahoma City area, let them know that Janet has Printmaking & Resin Workshops coming up in September. Click here for more info.
Cool Picks for the Week
- If you were not able to attend the Aug. 1st meeting of 100 Women Who Care in Santa Fe don’t forget to write your check to Girls On The Run and mail it to Katie Rountree. Click here to request the mailing address.
- Fix it Clinic fixit.org: Learn how to fix your broken stuff (or at least learn more about how it works) & learn how you can become a coach at future clinics. Sat. Aug. 11th, 1-4pm
- Learn the Japanese Art of Paper Marbling – free class – Sat. Aug. 11, 1-4 pm. email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- Haciendas A Parade of Homes: Thousands of dollars from this event go to local charitable organizations: Habitat for Humanity, High School Athletic Teams, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Girls Inc., the Boys and Girls Club, United Way, Agua Fria Children’s Zone, Santa Fe Animal Shelter and Humane Society, and others. Aug. 10 – 12 & 17- 19 . Click here for tickets
- RSVP Now for the next Santa Fe Women to Women Luncheon, Wed Aug, 15 w/ guest speaker Dr. Robyn Benson, from Santa Fe Soul Center For Optimal Health talking about the “Power of Regenerative Medicine: Natural therapies to look 10 years younger, renew & restore sexual function & libido, end continence & feel more energy & vitality every day”. Noon at Cowgirl. $25 at the cash at door email Jody to reserve your spot. Space limited.
The amazing “Drop that Contained the Sea” that was performed in March in Rio Rancho by NM Gay Men’s Chorus, Rio Rancho Youth Choir and the Zia Singers is being reprised in Santa Fe at the Lensic on Thurs., Aug. 23, at 7pm www.theziasingers.com
Part Time Bookkeeper Needed: CASA First, a small non-profit advocating for foster children is looking for a 20+ hours a month. Must pay bills, reconcile deposits of donations and bank statements, prepare monthly financials for Board meetings, run payroll bi-monthly, and prepare payroll tax reports, among other bookkeeping duties including helping with annual financial audit. Quikbooks experience needed. Very flexible schedule in casual friendly environment. EEOC. 505-820-1500. email@example.com
A Cool Event
Every One is the result of a social collaboration conceived and created by the artist, Cannupa Hanska Luger, who invited communities from across the U.S. and Canada to create two-inch-diameter clay beads. Each of the resulting 4,000 handmade clay beads represents an indigenous individual who has been the victim of gender violence. Strung together, they form a portrait based on a photograph by First Nations photographer Kali Spitzer. Sat., Aug 11, exhibited at the Museum of International Folk Art, 706 Camino Lejo. An artist talk with Luger is Thurs., Aug. 16 at 2 pm, also at the Museum. It will remain on display through September 21, 2018.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!
P.S. Here’s Something Else Cool…
DINNER & ONE WOMAN SHOW- ONE NIGHT ONLY!
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
Thursday, October 11 – Dinner at 6pm, Show at 7pm
Cowgirl – Private Dining Room
Produced by Jody Feagan & Katie Rountree
P.S.S. this is a sponsored section. If you are interested in posting here email me