Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Full Moon Saturday
Cool Picks for the Week
- ¡Vámonos! Santa Fe: Walk with Our Elders -The Santa Fe Walking Collaborative, convened by the Santa Fe Conservation Trust, wants to help Santa Feans walk more; and what better motivation to walk than when you can talk to someone interesting while you do it? Take an easy walk around the park, which also happens to be the location of the Mary Esther Gonzales Senior Center. For more info, check out sfct.org/vamonos. Bicentennial Alto Park Fri, May 17 from 10 – 11am at 1121 Alto St.
- Full Moon Walk – Join the Santa Fe Botanical Garden for a sunset wildlife & nature walk during the full moon of May. All ages are welcome on this stroll that will journey through the evening and moon rise. Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve
27283 W Frontage Road, Fri, May 17 from 7:30pm – 9:00pm
- If you missed the 100 Women Who Care Meeting but would still like to be a part of the donation, send your check in today to Katie Rountree, payable to SFHS Choir Booster Club. Katie is collecting the checks to deliver when all money is in. Email Katie for her mailing address.
- IAIA MFA Graduate Residency Readings – Hear from Rebecca Johnson, Tony Pandola, Amy White (Anishinaabeg) and Wakaya Wells (Choctaw).
IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts, Fri, May 17 at 6:30pm 108 Cathedral Place
Historic Jemez Springs Bath House Grand Reopening -The Jemez Springs Bath House, circa 1880s, celebrates its reopening and remodeling with a ribbon-cutting, tours, a raffle, appearances from local dignitaries and a Spring Renewal Fair featuring a dozen vendors of services and products. Plus, the first 50 guests through the door will receive a free (to be used in the future) 25-minute soak with purchase of a soak. Jemez Springs Bath House Sat, May 18 from 10am – 2pm at 62 Jemez Springs Plaza
- The Santa Fe Iris Society presents its 38th annual iris show and everyone is welcome to view the beautiful entrants. The Santa Fe Iris Society is a chapter of the American Iris Society. DeVargas Center Sat, May 18 from 12pm – 4pm 564 N Guadalupe St.
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival – Considered one of the nation’s premier environmental and adventure film festivals, it informs, inspires and ignites solutions and possibilities to restore the earth and human communities while creating a positive future for generations to come. The event in Santa Fe features Rivers, Land and Wildlife Habitat of the West, together with films that inspire us all to act for the environment—and it’s a benefit for the Santa Fe Watershed Association. The Screen $15 Sat, May 18 @ 7pm 1600 St. Michael’s Drive
Zia Singers Spring Concert featuring songs made famous by leading ladies of Broadway. Zia Singers are a local all-women’s chorus going all out to celebrate the progress women have made in this century! Sat & Sun, May 18 & 19. Performances are at 3pm at James A. Little Theater, 1060 Cerrillos Rd. Tickets are $20 online at www.TheZiaSingers.com or $25 at the door.
- Mugs for CASA: Help Fill a Foster Child’s Mug Fundraising & Recruitment Event. Opuntia Cafe Sun. May 19 from 2-5pm. CASA First, Court Appointed Special Advocates, First Judicial District www.casafirst.org
- The Transition Network Monthly Meeting: Writing thru Transition. Bring some writing paper and your favorite pen to this interactive session, where we’ll explore, with writer, poet, and TTN member Joanne Fay Brown the power of writing through transition! Mon. May 20 from 5:45-7:30 p.m. at Montezuma Lodge, 431 Paseo de Peralta, Santa Fe, women 50 and forward welcome. For more info e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. $5.00 suggested donation.
- RSVP for Santa Fe Women to Women Luncheon. Guest Speaker Rev. Dr. Leona Stucky, a Professional Psychotherapist, Author & AAPC Diplomate. Her talk – My Journey from Writing a Memoir to Helping Create a National Day of Action. Wed. May 22 @ noon. $25 at Cowgirl restaurant. Space limited. Email email@example.com to reserve your space
Upcoming Cool Stuff
- FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Coolness from Cool List Members:
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!