Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool! Spring is here!
Cool Picks for the Week
- Opera Breakfast Lecture Series: Wagner’s Die Walküre – The lecture starts a little early this time, because the Lensic Live in HD screening starts early too. Learn more about Richard Wagner’s most famous opera from lecturer Desiree Mays. Collected Works Bookstore and Coffeehouse, 202 Galisteo St. $5, Sat, Mar 30 at 8:30am
- Connecting Water & Community: Residential Water in Santa Fe –
The city’s Water Conservation Office hosts a public forum to help shape our town’s five-year water conservation plan with input and ideas from Santa Feans. Lunch is provided. Santa Fe Public Schools Administration Building (Community Room) 610 Alta Vista St, Sat, Mar 30 from 10am – 12pm
- Hubbell Trading Post Comes to Petroglyph National Monument – Visitors can experience some of the culture and heritage of the Navajo people by viewing and learning about hundreds of handcrafted Navajo rugs straight from Hubbell Trading Post, the oldest continuously operating trading post in the American Southwest. Weaving demonstrations also take place throughout the show. Petroglyph National Monument, 6510 Western Trail NW, Albuquerque, Sun, Mar 31 from 9am – 4pm
- Southwest Seminars: Ancient Turkey Domestication, Iconography and Husbandry in the Mimbres Valley – Los Alamos National Labs archaeologist Sean Gregory Dolan lectures as part of Southwest Seminars’ Ancient Sites and Ancient Stories II lecture series. Hotel Santa Fe, 1501 Paseo de Peralta, $15, Mon, Apr 1 at 6pm
- Equal Pay Day Dinner Honoring Lilly Ledbetter, the woman who inspired the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009, the first act that then-President Obama signed into law. AAUW was instrumental in helping Ms. Ledbetter fund her expensive legal fight that went to the Supreme Court. Presented by AAUW-Santa Fe at Inn at Loretto Tues. Apr. 2 from 5 – 9 pm to meet Ms Ledbetter during a Cocktail Party (photo op!), and to hear her speak at the Dinner honoring her. For tickets click here.
- Join World Women Work for Film Screening “Losing the Elephants” with a presentation by Lek Chailert, Founder of Save the Elephant Foundation.
They can live into their seventies.
They recognize themselves in a mirror.Family means more than anything.
Memories are held for a lifetime.They are Asian Elephants, and they are in trouble.Thurs Apr 11 at 6pm at Violet Crown Click the following link to reserve your tickets:
Cosmic Smashbooking – Come and Enjoy this playful twist on Art Journaling and Intentional Creativity ! Offered by Santa Fe Artist, Kendall Sarah Scott. For more information website: https://cometothestory.com/April 4th; 11th; 17thThree week series $ 100.006:15 – 8 pmPrana Blessings 1925 Rosina St. Santa Fe
- Intraconnectivity & Movement at Of Origin Yoga – An introduction and study of applied anatomy within the context of myofascial meridians, their relationships, and their emergence via natural movement. We define a baseline for the energy and biomechanics of movement, breath, and the flow of embodied intelligence through understanding how we have evolved naturally versus culturally. First module of training runs Apr 4 – 7. Click here for more info or email instructor Sean Tebor
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!