Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Grand Canyon, Looking North from Tonto Plateau by Irene Owsley 48 x 19 by Santa Fe artist, Irene Owsley
Cool Picks for the Week
- Docent-led tours at Indian Arts Research Center at the School for Advanced Research highlight the historic pieces of significance and the influential artists in the collection. Fri. Aug. 17th at 10am. $20 For reservations: 954-7272
- If you were not able to attend the Aug. 1st meeting of 100 Women Who Care in Santa Fe don’t forget to write your check to Girls On The Run and mail it to Katie Rountree. Click here to request the mailing address.
- Haciendas A Parade of Homes: Thousands of dollars from this event go to local charitable organizations: Habitat for Humanity, High School Athletic Teams, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Girls Inc., the Boys and Girls Club, United Way, Agua Fria Children’s Zone, Santa Fe Animal Shelter and Humane Society, and others. Aug. 17- 19 . Click here for tickets
- Embroidery 101: basic stitches and the featured design, a watermelon slice. Supplies are provided, and folks are welcome to bring an item of clothing they’d like to embroider. Better Together, 1706 Lena St. Info: 738-1800
- Coco at the Railyard Park Sat, Aug 18 at 8:00pm
The amazing “Drop that Contained the Sea” that was performed in March in Rio Rancho by NM Gay Men’s Chorus, Rio Rancho Youth Choir and the Zia Singers is being reprised in Santa Fe at the Lensic on Thurs., Aug. 23, at 7pm www.theziasingers.com
Part Time Bookkeeper Needed: CASA First, a small non-profit advocating for foster children is looking for a 20+ hours a month. Must pay bills, reconcile deposits of donations and bank statements, prepare monthly financials for Board meetings, run payroll bi-monthly, and prepare payroll tax reports, among other bookkeeping duties including helping with annual financial audit. Quikbooks experience needed. Very flexible schedule in casual friendly environment. EEOC. 505-820-1500. firstname.lastname@example.org
A Cool Event
Quinn Fontaine: Hung Like a Seahorse
Studio Center of Santa Fe
$15 – $25
Thu, Aug 23 – Sun. Aug 26
Fontaine presents the “show and tell” version of his memoir, live and in person, directed by Susan Mele. Stand-up comedy, old family photos, poignant reflection and uplifting storytelling—it’s all here, and if you haven’t seen it yet, now is absolutely the time. It’s based on his memoir, subtitled A Real-Life Transgender Adventure of Tragedy, Comedy, and Recovery, if that gives you an idea of the wild ride you’re in for.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!
P.S. Here’s Something Else Cool…
DINNER & ONE WOMAN SHOW- ONE NIGHT ONLY!
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
Thursday, October 11 – Dinner at 6pm, Show at 7pm
Cowgirl – Private Dining Room
Produced by Jody Feagan & Katie Rountree