Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Happy 4th of July!
Pancakes on the Plaza – Sponsored by Rotary Thurs, July 4 starting at 7am
Cool Picks for the Week
- BLOOKS!: What looks like a book, feels like a book, but isn’t a book? Join Metropolitan Museum of Art Librarian Mindell Dubansky as she duscusses the collecting of pseudo-books, along with the Paper Legacy Project, her current research. St. Francis Auditorium Fri, June 28 at 6pm 107 W Palace Ave.
- Opening Night at Santa Fe Opera House with La Bohème – The story of starving artists trying to survive in 1800s Paris is often called the most beautiful opera in existence and was unofficially dubbed the best-selling opera ever at the Met in New York. Santa Fe Opera House Fri, June 28 at 8:30pm, 301 Opera Dr.
- 80th Birthday Bash for the Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society
– In honor of 80 years of saving lives, join in on a birthday party for families and dogs alike. At 10 am, a Fun Run features a 2-mile, non-timed run/walk in the community dog park for $25 per human participant. Proceeds benefit the upkeep of the shelter’s public dog parks. Then from 11 am-2 pm, enjoy music from Felix y Los Gatos, food from Back Road Pizza and SoCal Mobile Cafe, refreshing drinks from Santa Fe Spirits, face painting, free nail trims and low-cost vaccines for your pet at the Thaw Animal Hospital and more. Santa Fe Animal Shelter and Humane Society Sun, June 30 at 100 Caja del Rio Rd.
- Stories in the Stars – Soar through the stars in this compilation of Greek myths from nationally touring, New Hampshire-based Hempstead Stage Company. Travel the night sky and explore various constellations and legends about why they are in the sky. Young audiences will delight in learning stories of the wind, seasons, sun and moon. This new play is designed specifically for the library’s Summer Reading theme “A Universe of Stories.” Santa Fe Public Library Main Branch Sun, June 30 at 1:30pm 145 Washington Ave.
- Dr. Erica Elliott: Medicine & Miracles in the High Desert – Dr. Elliott’s memoir is a young woman’s story of struggle as she discovers the difficulties of acclimating to Navajo culture; a spiritual journey is aided by her ability to help her new friends with her medical skills. Garcia Street Books Sun, June 30 at 4pm 376 Garcia St.
- Southwest Seminars: Paleo Points Prove South to North Migration! Heather Smith, assistant professor in the Department of Anthropology and Applied Archaeology at Eastern New Mexico University, lectures as part of Southwest Seminars’ Voices from the Past speaker series. Hotel Santa Fe $15 Mon, July 1 at 6pm 1501 Paseo de Peralta.
- The Coded Language of Color – An introductory talk with enjoyable practical demonstrations of the electromagnetic basis of color and its profound effect on human life and the planetary theatre. Presented by The Living Theatre; for more info, visit thelivingtheatre.com. Santa Fe Public Library Main Branch Mon, July 1 at 6:30pm 145 Washington Ave.
- Last Chance to get early bird pricing on tickets for Santa Fe Women to Women‘s A Luncheon with Valerie Plame, former career covert CIA operations officer “outed” by the Bush Administration, international speaker, author & advocate for the elimination of nuclear weapons, candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in New Mexico’s 3rd Congressional District in the upcoming 2020 election. Her talk: My Life as a Spy, My betrayal by the White House. Wed. July 10 at Inn of Loretto. $50. Tickets must be purchased ahead of time. Early Bird prices thru July 1. Click here.
Upcoming Cool Stuff
- This weekend, June 29 and 30, is the LAST WEEKEND of the Santa Fe Studio Tour! Studios will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm. Don’t miss this fun yearly event! For a map and other information, go to santafestudiotour.com
Studio 22, Bette Yozell Studio, 1313 Madrid Road, off Cordova Road
FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 Email Connie Knudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join GRACE for their Third Annual Etkie Trunk Show – Inspired by the landscape and culture of the Southwest, ETKIE designer Sydney Alfonso has assembled a team of expert artisans in New Mexico to create handmade jewelry that infuses traditional techniques with modern design. Fri June 28, Sat June 29 10am-8pm & Sun June 30 10am-6pm, GRACE 125 East Palace Suite 137 For more information please call 505-780-5611 or email email@example.com
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!