Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Spectacular Santa Fe Sunsets
photo courtesy of Irene Kraus
Cool Picks for the Week
- SITE Santa Fe presents a solo exhibition SITElab 12: Nina Elder: What Endures from June 14 – Sept 15. The public is invited to the opening with the artist on Fri, June 14, from 5-7 pm 1606 Paseo de Peralta
- New Mexico Gay Men’s Chorus: Stonewall, Summer of ’69 – NMGMC’s annual pride concert features stories and songs of the 1960s to help commemorate one of the LGBTQ+ community’s most pivotal historical moments: The protest that ignited a movement and that still inspires, half a century later. June 14 & June 16 at 7:30pm for $20-$45. National Dance Institute of New Mexico 1140 Alto St.
Free Outdoor Movie – Planet of the Apes (1968) – in conjunction with the Interplanetary Festival. Railyard Park Fri, Jun 14 at 8pm
Cerrillos Rd & Guadalupe St
- New Volunteer Orientation –Get all the resources you need as a potential volunteer to get into the garden with basic skills and knowledge with one of their various volunteer opportunities. The class covers the history, future, mission and the sites of the garden. Santa Fe Botanical Garden Sat, Jun 159:30 – 11:30am 715 Camino Lejo
- Herb & Lavender Festival – Visit vendors and catch lectures and hands-on activities on all things lavender. El Rancho de las Golondrinas El Rancho de las Golondrinas $6 – $8 Sat, Jun 15 from 10am – 4pm 334 Los Pinos Rd
- As part of the InterPlanetary Festival, the Innovations & Ideas Expo will feature interactive and experiential booths with participants from academia, to AR/VR, to biotechnology Fri June 15 & Sat June 16 from 12-6PM in the Railyard Park Expo Tent. Lynn Dimet will have a booth to demonstrate BEMER Vascular Therapy. Come experience a complimentary 8-minute BEMER energy session, enhance your general blood flow and recharge your body. The BEMER (Bio-Electro-Magnetic-Energy-Regulation) wellness device uses a pulsed electromagnetic field to deliver a patented therapeutic signal which assists the heart in delivering blood to the smallest vessels in the body.
- You’re invited to Santa Fe Women to Women Luncheon: At noon on Wed. June 19, at Cowgirl, $25 at the door with Guest Speaker Connie Knudson, Feng Shui Specialist & Author, her talk – Feng Shui for Financial Abundance (RSVP here)
- Music on the Hill this week Wed. Jun 19, Jono Manson from 6-8pm. Athletic Field, St. John’s College, 1160 Camino Cruz Blanca, Santa Fe, New Mexico. Free and open to the public
- Santa Fe Plaza Bandstand kicks off on Wed. June 19 at 6pm with Felix y Los Gatos and 7:15pm with Shinyribs. The music is free and runs weekday evenings throughout the summer. Click here for the calendar.
FEMINISTS: What Were They Thinking? at THE SCREEN Wed. June 19 at 7 pm In 1977 a book of photographs captured an awakening – women shedding the cultural restrictions of their childhoods and embracing their full humanity. The film offers candid and riveting interviews with women such as Gloria Steinem, Judy Chicago and Lily Tomlin, among others. A Netflix original doc. directed by Johanna Demetrakas.
- Get Tickets for Second Annual Bluejeans, Boots & Barbecue to Benefit Esperanza Shelter. Esperanza Shelter, the region’s only domestic abuse services agency, will hold its Second Annual Bluejeans, Boots & Barbecue to benefit its work with women and children who have experienced domestic abuse. The event is Fri, June 21 from 6-10 pm at the Santa Fe Farmers Market Pavilion & will include dance tunes & catering by Cowgirl restaurant. The evening will include a special appeal for the Seeds of Hope Children’s Program at Esperanza, which provides therapy and life skills education to approximately 280 children annually. Visit www.esperanzashelter.org/events or call 505.474.5536.
- Make the Success of Women Winning the Vote Visible. The West led the way to winning the vote. Now, we want to lead the Centennial celebration. Our plan is to have a Votes for Women float in the Tournament of Roses Parade on January 1, 2020. What could be a better day for the first event of the year-long celebration? It will be a glorious, inclusive float in this famous parade, one that portrays the persistence it took for women to win the vote 100 years ago.
MAKE IT HAPPEN. But fund-raising is urgent. The building of the float will start soon and we need your contribution now. If you want to see women featured — and our great victory recognized — in this renowned parade, you must donate now. Visit the website. Follow us on social media. And ask your friends to help, too. Time is critical. Just $5 could help Write Women Back Into History!
- Get your tickets for Santa Fe Women to Women‘s A Luncheon with Valerie Plame, former career covert CIA operations officer “outed” by the Bush Administration, international speaker, author & advocate for the elimination of nuclear weapons, candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in New Mexico’s 3rd Congressional District in the upcoming 2020 election. Her talk: My Life as a Spy, My betrayal by the White House & My Plans for the Future. Wed. July 10 at Inn of Loretto. $50. Tickets must be purchased ahead of time. Early Bird prices thru July 1. Click here.
Upcoming Cool Stuff
The Santa Fe Studio Tour is about to happen! Sat and Sun, June 22 & 23 and June 29 & 30, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. For a list of artists, map, and examples of work, go to santafestudiotour.com
“Things Are Hoppin’ ” paper cut ©️2019 Bette Yozell studio 22
FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at email@example.com
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!