Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Mark Your Calendars for our next 100 Women Who Care meeting, Wed. Nov. 7th at 6pm at the Scottish Rite Temple. The deadline to nominate your favorite non-profit & put their name in the hat is Oct. 24. Email Katie with your nomination.
- A Couple of Spots Still Available for BE A HONEY & LEARN THE BUZZ ON BEES – Register now for Oct 20 Workshop. Be an apiarist for the day by learning about some of New Mexico’s 500 species of bees, including HONEY BEES! You will learn about bee artistry by studying their honeycomb, how they live their lives and how we need them in our environment. This one day class will fill you in on everything “bees” from plants to pollination, hives, gardens and how to increase their populations and attract them to your garden. – Lunch will be a creative mix of bee reliant fruits and vegetables along with a full meal and tasting, selecting and pairing various local honeys. Takeaways: Using a combination of materials, you will assemble your own native bee house and make a pair of hand dipped beeswax candles. $100 per person. Questions and Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Santa Fe Independent Film Festival runs now thru Oct. 21 – more info here
- Hiro’s Table showing at CCA/The Screen as part of the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival by film maker Lynn Hamrick, who lives in Taos. Dates are Fri. Oct. 19 at 2pm and Sun. Oct. 21 at 2:40pm.
- Quilt Fiesta Santa Fe – a stunning show of quilts on display, some for sale, as well as 20 vendors selling quilting fabric, notions, buttons, rubber. stamps, sewing machines and sewing tables. Also a gift shop of hand made placemats, bags, quilts, table runners etc. Fri. Oct. 19 & Sat. Oct. 20 at the SF Convention Center.
- The New Mexico School for the Arts presents Cinematic Mime Fri. Oct. 19 at 7pm & Sat. Oct. 20th at 2pm. Tickets at the door $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for students.
- Hunt for Red Rocktober river clean-up on Sat. Oct. 20 at Alto Park Picnic Area from 10am – noon. Find the Red Rocks in the River (as you pick up trash) & be entered in drawing for prizes. More info at Santa Fe Watershed Association
- Let’s Grow: Compost Clinic – Learn how to compost your yard and food waste in a hands-on clinics that teaches proper techniques for building a thermal pile, turning, finishing and screening compost. Bring hats, gloves, study shoes, water and a pitchfork if you have one. Presented by the Santa Fe Compost Action Team (SCAT) of the Santa Fe Master Gardener Association. Santa Fe County Fairgrounds, Sat, Oct 20 from 9 – 11am – Free
Canyon Road Paint Out & Sculpt Out – 10th annual event in which artists set up easels outside and paint. Lunchtime parade too. Sat. Oct. 20 10am – 5pm For more info visitcanyonroad.com
- Tech Talk: Free Online Learning Opportunities – Explore online learning opportunities available through the Santa Fe Public Library and beyond, including Great Courses, MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) and Brainfuse. Participants are welcome to bring smartphones, tablets or laptops to follow along. Santa Fe Public Library Main Branch, Mon, Oct 22 at 10:30am
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!