Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Romeo and Juliet—With a Twist, presented by CYC-ICS Theater Company, Directed by Ben Rountree. Adapted by Acacia Burnham. You are supporting a student-run, student-acted, student-directed theatre company! New Mexico School for the Arts Theatre —enter at the back of the building 275 E. Alameda St. Fri. & Sat. Nov. 16 & 17 at 7 pm $5 Students; $10 General Admission, FREE to all NMSA students, teachers & alums.
- Border Partners Holiday Sale – Gift items created by women who live in the town of Palomas, Chihuahua, Mexico, benefit the makers directly. The sale is sponsored by Border Partners, a nonprofit organization based in Deming, NM. A small group of women sew the items in their homes to support themselves and their families; Border Partners then helps them help themselves through efforts including developing jobs and businesses such as the women’s collective. Palomas was devastated by the drug wars of the mid-2000s; many people were killed and most of the town’s residents live in poverty, without clean water, adequate nutrition or good educations. Palomas is located just across the border from Columbus, NM. For more info, visit borderpartners.org. – The sale is at St. Bede’s Episcopal Church, Sat, Dec 1 from 1- 5pm
- Young Native Artists Winter Show & Sale – The next generation of Native American artists demonstrate and sell their own arts and crafts in the Meem Community Room. New Mexico History Museum, Sat, Dec 1 from 10am – 3pm
- Create encaustic art with photographs. Make one-of-a-kind personalized Christmas gifts for family, friends or for yourself. For beginners and every level. Bring your own photos or use available image on hand during workshop. Sat, Dec. 1, noon to 3 pm at 7 Arts Gallery, 125 Lincoln Ave. Limited space. Contact Angel Wynn 505-819-1103 or email for more info or to reserve your spot.
- World AIDS Day Commemoration by Candlelight – Remember those we’ve lost by heading to the Il Vicino courtyard and hanging with the community.
Casa España, 321 W San Francisco St., , 5-6pm
- A Student Panel for New Mexicans Against Gun Violence – Come by & support local high school students who are working on gun violence prevention. Join student seniors Sophie Lussiez and Julia Mazal, as well as a student whose has been victims of gun violence along with Journey Santa Fe Host, Miranda Viscolli. Sun. Dec. 2 at 11 am at Collected Works Bookstore, 202 Galisteo St.
- Fourth Annual Winter Watershed Benefit for the Santa Fe Watershed Association – Celebrate the season on Sun., Dec. 2nd from 5:00pm-8:00pm at the Hotel Santa Fe. Delicious hors d’oeuvres will be served and a cash bar will be available. Bid on luxury spa stays, tours, wine tastings, and many other fantastic items during our silent auction. Get tickets here.
- The next CASA First Judicial Volunteer Advocate Training is in January – Get in touch if you are interested in becoming a volunteer to help break the cycle of abuse and neglect in our communities.
Recycle Santa Fe Art Festival The 20th anniversary event will take place on Nov. 30-Dec. 2 at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center (201 W. Marcy Street) with a fashion show, art exhibits and more. Click here for info.
Janet O’Neal Studios, exhibiting at Recycle Santa Fe Art Festival this weekend
More Holiday Cheer
Pavlova Cake for the holidays
Quote from the movie Elf
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!