Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Have a Happy & Safe Memorial Day Weekend!
Cool Picks for the Week
- Bird Walk with Rocky Tucker – Spend a morning in the unique wetland habitat and learn about the diversity of birds from volunteer bird guide Tucker, who has a life list of over 2,500 birds. Wear walking shoes and bring binoculars if you have them. Leonora Curtin Wetland Preserve Sat, May 25 at 8am at 27283 W Frontage Road, La Cienega
- Explore Los Luceros – At a daylong symposium that concludes with a Pueblo dinner. Enjoy lectures (including one at 11 am by Lesley Poling-Kempes, author of Ladies of the Canyons: Mary Wheelwright and Friends, followed by a book signing), tours, demonstrations, and art and craft exhibits, plus a dinner created by artist and food writer Roxanne Swentzell and chef Ray Naranjo of Santa Clara Pueblo. The symposium is free, but registration is recommended; the dinner is an extra $130. Los Luceros Historic Property Sat, May 25 from 8:30am – 4pm West of Hwy. 68, Alcalde
- City-Wide Flea Market in Madrid – More than 30 vendors set up tables. Profits benefit Madrid Cultural Projects. Oscar Huber Memorial Ballpark Sat, May 25
9am – 4pm State Hwy. 14 Madrid
- Santa Fe River Clean-up – Meet at Closson Street Pedestrian Bridge. The donuts, coffee, and trash bags. Bring a hat, sunscreen and gloves. Contact Talitha Arnold (988-3295; email@example.com for more info. Sat, May 25 from 9 – 11am)
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet: School Recital – The 200-plus ballet students present the culmination of a year of hard work, showcasing students ages 3-18. The program also features a guest appearance from ASFB Folklórico, performing original choreography inspired by the traditions of Mexico. Lensic Performing Arts Center
$25 Sat, May 25 1pm (evening performance is sold out) 211 W San Francisco St
Santa Fe Dreamers Project Open House: They have a beautiful new office to show off, new programming to share and wonderful new staff to introduce you to. There is so much happening right now in the world of immigration whether here locally, in our nation’s detention centers, or on our border with Mexico. They want to tell you about their new asylum workshop, about reuniting separated families, about our DACA clinics, about rural U-visa programs, about getting trans chicas released from prison, and so much more! This is a great opportunity to come learn how they are serving clients and fighting for justice right here in Santa Fe. There are gonna be delicious snacks from local eateries and neighbor Leaf & Hive is gonna be selling drinks. Wed, May 29, from 5-7 pm. 1213 Mercantile Rd
- 100 Women Who Care Meeting delivered checks to Santa Fe Dreamers Project totaling $12,839!!! If you forgot to send your check in for SFHS Choir Booster Club it’s not too late. We’ll be delivering those checks next week. Email Katie for her mailing address.
Upcoming Cool Stuff
- FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Coolness from Cool List Members:
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!