Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please share.
Cool Pick of the Week
One Billion Rising: Rise Up Dance
Sat. Feb. 10, noon at the State Capitol Bldg. 490 Old Santa Fe Trail
Join other pro-woman activists outside the Capitol to dance in celebration of revolution. “We dance because it’s visceral,” the org One Billion Rising writes. “By doing so we get back into our bodies, it connects us to ourselves, we feel the ground beneath us and we can feel the power of the people in front of us and behind us.”
One Billion Rising was created in 2013 in response to the UN statistic that 1 in 3 women will be raped or beaten in their lifetime—that translates, yes, to 1 billion women.
Cool Posts You’ve Shared
- Order Valentine’s Day Sweets from Youth Works. Chocolate-Covered Strawberries–$12 (Six luscious berries covered in chocolate), Mexican Wedding Cookies–$8
(One dozen heart-shaped cookies), Chocolate Truffles–$8 (Assortment of six–cocoa, coconut, & sprinkles). Place your order by 9 pm on Sun., Feb. 11. Pickup at YouthWorks, 1504 Cerrillos Rd., Tues., Feb. 13, between 9 am and 4 pm. All sales proceeds support programs at YouthWorks to help local young people earn their GEDs and get the training they need to transition into the workforce. Click Here to order
- New Mexico School for the Arts Rummage Sale Sat. Feb. 10th at Sanbusco (in the former Borders) Cash and credit cards accepted. Furniture, clothes, china, crystal, CDs, artwork, books, antique floor safe, much more! ALL proceeds support the students at New Mexico School for the Arts!
- Love Your River Day, Santa Fe River Clean Up at Frenchy’s Field, Osage & Agua Fria. Sat. Feb.10 from 10 am to noon. See Santa Fe Watershed Association for more info.
- Thanks to everyone who attended this week’s meeting of 100 Women Who Care in Santa Fe at the Scottish Rite Temple. If you were unable to be at the meeting please mail in your check, payable to Reading Quest and send that to Katie Rountree. Email her if you need the address
- Art Opening by Andrea Broyles, champagne & chocolates reception, Wed. Feb. 14 from 4 – 7 pm at Bittersweet Designs, 667 Canyon Rd. 50% of proceeds to support Esperanza Shelter.
- RSVP for the next SF Women2Women Luncheon with guest speakerTania Vasallo, Brand & Image Strategist, whose talk will be “Top 3 Mistakes Even Savvy Entrepreneurs Make that Keep Them Invisible to Their Ideal Clients”. Wed. Feb. 21 at noon at Cowgirl. $25 at the door.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Have something you want to post to the Cool List? Email me & I’ll be happy to share.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!