Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Photo by Katie Rountree
Cool Picks for the Week
- 100 Women Who Care in Santa Fe Deadline for Nomination Forms is Wed. Jan. 23rd – If you are planning to send in a new nomination form please email it to Katie Rountree. If you have already sent in your nomination form, please let her know that you will be attending so she can have the form at the meeting. Remember to drop your name in the hat when you arrive. Our next meeting is Wed. Feb. 6 at 6pm at Scottish Rite Temple. For more info click here.
- SOLD OUT! Santa Fe Women to Women Luncheon with guest speaker, Dr. Susan Oupadia, Retired Anatomic and Clinical Pathologist on a Journey of Life talking about From Pathology to Peace Corps – A Journey Into and Out of Retirement on Wed. Jan. 23 at noon. Mark Your Calendars for our Next Luncheon, Wed. Feb. 27 at noon at Cowgirl with guest speaker Abby Bordner, a speaker and consultant regarding the brain science of early childhood & RSVP early! $25 at the door.
- Santa Fe Chapter of the Awesome Foundation is accepting grant applications.You could win a $1,000 grant to turn your awesome community project into an awesome reality! Open to Individuals or groups. Deadline February 1. Apply here: http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/santafe Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Zia Singers Community Chorus will perform “Requiem & Rebirth: A Journey of the Soul” concerts on Sat. & Sun. Jan. 19 & 20 at 3 PM. Concerts will be held at First Presbyterian Church, 208 Grant Avenue in Santa Fe. Tickets are $20 for general admission. Students with IDs and children under 12 are $10. For more information and to purchase tickets, please go to: www.theZiaSingers.com.
- Española Valley Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Presentation about “Courageous Motorists: African American Pioneers on Route 66” by Santa Fe historian Frank Norris, complete with refreshments and children’s activities. For more information, contact Edith Brown at 753-2562 or email@example.com. McCurdy Ministries Community Center, 362 South McCurdy Road, Mon, Jan 21 from 10am – 12pm.
- You’re Invited to Your ACTIONS MATTER, sponsored by Silver Bullet Productions, a non profit educational film company. Listen to experts on protecting Public and Sacred Lands in New Mexico: Speakers include Senator Mark Udall, activist Winona LaDuke, Secretary of Interior under Obama Sally Jewell. Moderated by Valerie Plame. Limited seating. Purchase tickets through Silver Bullet Productions www.silverbulletproduction.com or 505-820-0552. La Fonda Hotel Sat. Jan. 26, Reception at 6PM; Panel discussion at 7PM.
Cancer Foundation for New Mexico’s (CFFNM) Sweetheart Auction returns for its 14th year—promising excitement, fascinating Live and Silent auction items, and a night dedicated to helping save lives. CFFNM is a local, independent nonprofit that helps cancer patients in northern New Mexico access treatment in Santa Fe. The Sweetheart Auction is an action-packed night where bidders vie for nearly 400 items—ranging from art to experiences to fine wines to jewelry. Admission is $100 per person and includes a dinner/dessert buffet and an open wine and beer bar. Feb. 9, 5 p.m. Please visit www.cffnm.org or call 505-955-7931, ext. 1.
It’s Cool to March
Santa Fe Women’s March – Sat. Jan 19 at 11 am, then march to the Plaza at noon for speakers and performers until 2 pm. Begins at State Capitol Building 490 Old Santa Fe Trail.
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!