Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Historic Garden Restoration – Learn how master gardeners are restoring the historic garden, maintaining its historic layout and preserving its ambiance with appropriate plants. Presented by the Santa Fe Extension Master Gardeners Association (sfemg.org). El Zaguán, Fri, July 26 at 5pm, 545 Canyon Rd.
- Santa Fe Farmers Market – Farmers Market Pavilion Sat. July 27 from 7am – 1pm
- Traditional Spanish Market – More than 200 artists from New Mexico and Southern Colorado share the beauty of their 400-year-old art forms, including woodcarvings, tinwork, colchas, hide paintings, bultos, retablos, straw appliqué, furniture and furnishings, weavings, jewelry, filigree, pottery and ironwork. Santa Fe Plaza Sat, July 27 & Sun. July 28
- Upper Watershed Walking Tour: Forest Management & Macroinvertebrate Hunt – This walking tour of the Santa Fe River Watershed highlights the city’s water management procedures and forest management plans. Visit Nichols Reservoir, view prescribed burns areas and learn about the aquatic macroinvertebrates (water bugs that we can see with our naked eye) that live in freshwater and their use as indicators for water quality. Meet at the Canyon Road Water Treatment Plant for a presentation. Limited to 25 people. Please contact email@example.com or call 955-6840 to reserve a space. Sat, July 27 from 9am – 12pm.
- Mary Poppins Returns – Watch the sequel to everyone’s favorite magic-nanny movie under the stars. Railyard Park Sat, July 27 at 8pm Cerrillos Rd & Guadalupe St.
- Picnic for Peace – Creativity for Peace presents 20 young women from Palestine and Israel who share inspiring stories about their lives and devotion to work for peace. Explore the gardens, enjoy a picnic lunch and listen to talks by the young peacemakers and live Middle Eastern music from Santa Fe ensemble EVET. Boxed picnic lunches are included in the ticket price. Santa Fe Botanical Garden $20 – $50
Sun, July 28 from 10am – 1pmat 715 Camino Lejo.
- Santa Fe Farmers Market – Farmers Market Pavilion Tue, July 30 from 7am – 1pm
- Shakespeare Jeopardy! – How well do you know your Shakespeare? Raise your hand, choose a category, and anyone in the room who supplies the correct “question” to the proposed “answer” (per the Jeopardy quiz show format), wins a point. The person with the most points in each round wins a prize. $10 cash at the door. Shakespeare Reading Room Tues, July 30 from 6:30pm – 8pm, 3209 Calle Marie.
- Harry Potter’s Birthday Party – Santa Fe Public Library is throwing a birthday party for Harry Potter since the Dursleys won’t do it! Enjoy wand-making, an escape room, a scavenger hunt, “Pin the Scar on the Harry,” an Azkaban pisoner photo op and more. Santa Fe Public Library LaFarge Branch Wed, July 31 from 12 – 4pm
1730 Llano St.
- Santa Fe Farmers Market – Farmers Market Pavilion Wed, July 31 form 3 – 6pm
- Proactive or reactive? Know anyone with health challenges? Learn about the general wellness device that is helping to change the health and well-being of people around the world! Free Eight-minute Sessions! BEMER promotes better sleep, improves focus and concentration, reduces stress, supports cardiac function, enhances the body’s nutrient and oxygen supply and waste disposal and more! Wed, July 31, Quail Run Club 3101 Old Pecos Trail. RSVP Sandra Burnett 505-699-5229 for 6-6:30pm complimentary sessions, 6:30-7:30pm Educational Presentation
La Tienda Special Summer Event -Blouses & Tunics, Designer Clothing, Textiles, Home Decor, Ceramics and Glassware, Hand Painted Fashion
Saturdays from 9am – 3pm, Private Showings by Appointment 505.986.8664 at Casa Culinaria The Gourmet Inn 617 Don Gaspar Ave.
Salt is naturally anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory and studies show that salt therapy can bring about significant improvement in conditions such as chronic bronchitis, asthma, sinus congestion, COPD, allergies, lung diseases and skin ailments. There can also be an uplift in mood, since the cave is saturated with minute salt particles, which give out negative ions, known to help with depression. So a visit to the Santa Fe Salt Cave can have positive benefits from the inside out, body, mind and spirit. Say you saw it on the Cool List! 10% discount offered to seniors, students & veterans and $10 off a single session all day every Thursdays (with a NM state issued ID). Sessions start on the hour. Reservations recommended: 505-365-2875 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Located at 1424 Second St.
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!