Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please share.
Cool Pick of the Week
The 24th annual Souper Bowl, a benefit event for The Food Depot, Northern New Mexico’s food bank, goes down in all its liquid-food glory. Your vote decides which of our community’s finest restaurants has the best soups in Santa Fe. Thirty local restaurants will compete in one the following categories – Best Cream Soup, Best Savory Soup, Best Seafood Soup, Best Vegetarian Soup – with all restaurants competing for the Best Soup. It’s soup. Soup!
If you get sick of soup, you can also get desserts, snacks, Starbucks coffee, and have the opportunity purchase cookbooks from area chefs. All proceeds from the event go directly to feeding Northern New Mexicans in need. Sat, Jan. 27 from 12:00pm – 2:30pm $30 Santa Fe Community Convention Center, 201 W Marcy St.
Cool Posts You’ve Shared
- Film & Speaker: A screening of Merci Congo, about the conflict minerals trade in East Congo and the amazing activists who are working to change the situation there. Neema Namadamu, one of the activists featured in the film, will speak about her work empowering women in the region and changing the paradigm there through grassroots organizing. This event is free and open to the public. Donations
gratefully accepted. RSVP requested to firstname.lastname@example.org Fri. Jan. 26 at 6pm at The Studio Center of Santa Fe (formerly Warehouse 21)
- New Mexico School for the Arts is seeking donations for their Feb. 10th Rummage Sale. They are seeking donations in very good, working condition of: Furniture, Household items, Tools, Clothing (washed and on hangers), Musical instruments, Books, CDs. The drop-offs at Sanbusco (in the former Borders) start today and here are the dates/times:
For more info on the Rummage Sale, contact Leslie Slavin at email@example.com
- League of Women Voters – Get help from the Santa Fe County chapter of the nonpartisan nonprofit to learn all about ranked-choice voting, figure out where to vote, and then register to do so, if you haven’t already. Fri. Jan. 26, 3-5 pm at Devargas Mall
- 100 Kids Who Care in Santa Fe – inaugural meeting Sat. Jan 27, 2-3pm for grades 8th – 12th at The Studio Center of Santa Fe (formerly Warehouse 21)
- Textilians of Santa Fe is featuring Mary Littrell, co-author of Embroidering at the Boundaries with Rangina Hamidi, about the life-changing embroidery and community-building work of Afghan women, with a focus on a particular group. Jan 28, 2pm, at the Wheelwright Museum Library.
- 100 Women Who Care in Santa Fe Next Meeting – Wed. Feb. 7, from 6-7 pm at the Scottish Rite Temple
Have something you want to post to the Cool List? Email me & I’ll be happy to share.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!