Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
ROUTE 66: THE MOTHER ROAD
New art series by Angel Wynn
Opening Reception Oct. 5 from 5-7pm
7 Arts Gallery – 1/2 block from the Plaza at 125 Lincoln Avenue
Cool Picks for the Week
- RSVP for Santa Fe Women to Women Luncheon Wed. Oct. 10 at noon at Cowgirl with Guest Speaker Debra Ehrhardt talking about “From the Jamaican Page to the Hollywood Stage”. Debra is in town for her one-woman show on Thurs. Oct. 11. (see more info below). $25 cash at the door. Click here to RSVP.
- Here From Hollywood for One Night Only – Cock Tales: Shame on Me! Ticket includes Dinner & One Woman Show with Actress/Playwright, Debra Ehrhardt Thurs. Oct. 11 at Cowgirl. Click here for tickets. Seating Limited
- At Joe’s Dining: “Of Rocks and Trees” watercolor paintings by Santa Fe artist Roberta Parry through October, 2801 Rodeo Rd
- Global Big Day is an international birding event to collect data on migrating birds. Bandelier National Monument, Sat, Oct 6. Meet at the visitor center at 8 am for a bird walk down the Falls Trail to kick off this important bird day; bring water, wear comfortable shoes or boots and tote some binoculars if you have them.
- SFWC Flea Market – Find bargains, food ‘n’ fun at the annual market to benefit the Woman’s Club, young women’s scholarships and local nonprofits. Santa Fe Woman’s Club, Sat, Oct 6 from 1616 Old Pecos Trail , 8am – 4pm
- Close-Up Magic Workshop with Francis Menotti – Known as the magician that fooled Penn and Teller, Menotti teaches some tricks focusing on coins, cards and borrowed items. Bring a fresh deck of cards; they’re also available for purchase at the cinema. Jean Cocteau Cinema. Sat, Oct 6, 12 – 1pm – $10
- Golondrinas Harvest Festival – Autumn is a vibrant time to visit Santa Fe’s living history museum. Taste syrup from the burro-driven sorghum mill, help make cider by cranking a traditional apple press, pick a pumpkin from the scarecrow-guarded patch; children can stomp grapes by foot, make a cornhusk dolls or roll their own tortilla by hand. El Rancho de las Golondrinas, Sun, Oct 7 from 10am – 4pm, $6 – $8
- Santa Fe Farmers Market New Hours: Wednesday Afternoon Market and El Mercado del Sur are now closed for the season. Saturday & Tuesday Markets are open 8am – 1pm
- Pet Supply Drive for Santa Fe Animal Shelter and Espanola Valley Humane Society.
Donations will be accepted:
Mon. Oct. 8 thru Fri. Oct. 12
at 2000 Old Pecos Trail
8:00am- 5:00pmSuggested Donations Include:
Kitty Litter (non-clumping)
Large/Small Stainless Steel Food Bowls
Non-Plush Dog Toys Suitable for Sanitizing (such as Kongs)
Collapsible Dog Kennels
Blankets & Towels
Purina Brand Dry & Canned Food for Puppies, Adult Dogs, Kittens & Adult Cats
Friskies & Fancy Feast Canned Cat Foods
Cool One-Woman Show
- Ticket includes Dinner (vegetarian options) & One Woman Show with Actress/Playwright, Debra Ehrhardt Thurs. Oct. 11 at Cowgirl. Click here for tickets. Seating Limited
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!