Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
How to Hygge, Danish Style
Cool Picks for the Week
Santa Fe Restaurant Week – Featuring three-course meals at a fraction of the cost. Restaurants will be offering prix-fixe dinners for ＄15, ＄25, ＄35, or ＄45 per person, depending upon the restaurant. Many will offer value-priced lunches as well. Feb. 22 – March 3 at various locations. Click here for details.
Deep Creek: A reading by Pam Houston – Deep Creek tells the remarkable story of “that girl who dared herself to buy a ranch, dared herself to dig in and care for it, to work hard enough to pay for it, to figure out what other people mean when they use the word “home”. Sat. Feb 23, 7:00 PM – 8:30pm Garcia Street Books, 376 Garcia St. Limited space – register here.
Brandi’s 11th Annual Oscars Benefit for Santa Fe Animal Shelter Sun. Feb. 24 • 5 – 10:30 pm Watch the Oscars! Red Carpet / Dinner / Auction and Raffle at the Eldorado Hotel. Tickets $150 or $250 for couples. Click here for more info.
- Feb. Networking Party presented by The Transition Network. Mon. Feb. 25 5:45-7:30 pm at Montezuma Lodge, 431 Paseo de Peralta, women 50 and forward welcome. Refreshments served. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. $5.00 suggested donation.
- The Coded Language of Color: An Esoteric Journey – An introductory talk and fun, practical demonstrations of the electromagnetic basis of color and its profound effect on human life, fauna, flora and planetary energies. Presented by The Living Theatre. Santa Fe Public Library Main Branch, 145 Washington Ave. Mon. Feb. 25
- Women to Women Luncheon with guest speaker Abby Bordner, a speaker and consultant regarding the brain science of early childhood talking about Why Early Childhood Education Matters to Everyone. Wed, Feb 27 at noon at Cowgirl RSVP $25 at the door.
- Lannan Foundation presents Richard Powers, author of 12 novels. His most recent novel, The Overstory, is a tale of activism and resistance about the secret language of trees and the people they bring together to save them. Tayari Jones’s novels include Leaving Atlanta, Silver Sparrow, and the recent An American Marriage, a 2018 Oprah’s Book Club selection. She is a professor of creative writing at Emory University. Wed. Feb. 27 at 7pm Tickets: $8 Adult, $5 Senior/Student. Lensic Performing Arts Center, 211 W San Francisco St. click here for tickets.
- 100 Women Who Care Members: Please make your checks payable to PARTNERS IN EDUCATION & mail it to Katie Rountree. If you need her mailing address email her here.
- Community Palliative Care of Northern New Mexico is offering a weekend of free training for volunteers Fri. Mar. 1 – Sun. Mar. 3. Learn how to provide practical & emotional in-home support to someone who is coping with a life-limiting illness. www.cpcnnm.org Call Deb at 505-438-0895 or Treva 505-629-5743.
Volunteers needed for 2019 STEM Santa Fe Julia Robinson Mathematics Festival
Fri. Mar. 15 at Santa Fe Community College. No previous math major needed. Just a love for learning, mentoring and math. To sign up: https://tinyurl.com/2019JRMF-Santa-Fe-Volunteers
Other Cool Stuff
Combining Traditional Printmaking & Digital Transfers with Janet O’Neal
This 2-day mixed media printmaking workshop will explore the process of combining digital inkjet transfers and traditional printmaking techniques. Bring collage materials, drawing materials and photographic digital images on a thumb drive and any printmaking plates you would like to use. There will be monotype plates available. Sat. & Sun. Feb. 23 & 24, 10am – 5pm in Albuquerque $280 Click here to register.
Santa Fe Salt Cave offers halotherapy, an alternative health treatment that utilizes salt for its healing properties. Salt by nature is antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. Great for respiratory heath (sinuses, allergies, asthma), emotional support (stress reduction, insomnia, relaxation), skin issues (eczema, psoriasis, acne) and overall general wellness (detoxify toxins, boost immune system). Stop by for a 45 minute session & MENTION THE COOL LIST & SAVE $10 ON YOUR NEXT VISIT – Offer good thru the end of Feb. $35 + tax for one halotheraphy session. Each session starts promptly on the hour. Call 505-365-2875 or book on their website www.santafesaltcave.com. Located at 1424 Second St. Open weekdays 10am – 7pm (except Tues) & Sat. & Sun. 10am – 4pm. (P.S. I went to the Salt Cave last week for the first time and couldn’t believe how much better I felt in just 45 min! I highly recommend going – Jody)
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
Too Cool for School
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!