Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- News from 100 Women Who Care: At our most recent meeting we drew 3 names out of the hat and heard wonderful presentations from:
- Kitchen Angels – which prepares and delivers free, nutritious meals to Northern New Mexicans who are homebound and facing life challenging illnesses and conditions. www.kitchenangels.org
- Healing Voices-Personal Stories – which creates and distributes Films of Domestic Violence Survivors to raise public awareness of women striving to overcome abuse www.hv-ps.org
- Partners in Education – which marshals resources and create alliances to foster excellence in Santa Fe’s public schools. www.sfpartnersineducation.org
And then we voted and Healing Voices-Personal Stories was the 1st place winner! We collected $10,000 for them. For those who could not attend, please send your checks in for the 2nd place winner, PARTNERS IN EDUCATION. Mail it to Katie Rountree. If you need her mailing address email her here.
- Nordic Voices – A six-voice a cappella group, making waves not only in Scandinavia, but in places as far afield as South Africa, Taiwan & Bolivia are here in Santa Fe. St. John’s College, 1160 Camino Cruz Blanca, $20, Fri, Feb 8 at 7:30pm
- Love Your River Day – Join the Santa Fe Watershed Association‘s River Stewards to pick up litter from the river and arroyos. Meet at the barn. Bring some work gloves—everything else is provided. Each participant will be entered into a drawing with the possibility of winning a great prize donated by Outside Magazine, Watershed Association and other local businesses. Meet at Frenchy’s Field, Osage Avenue and Agua Fría Streets, Sat, Feb 9 from 10am – 12pm
- Yoga-Pilates-Relaxation Fundraiser – Stretch and work your muscles, and benefit a great organization at the same time. All proceeds will be donated to the Mesa Prieta Petroglyph Project. Bring your yoga mat and a water bottle. Class size is limited to 50, so get your tickets now. Española Fitness Center, 326A South Paseo de Oñate, Espanola, $15, Sun, Feb 10 from 5 – 6pm
- Santa Fe Film Festival – The annual fest, now in its 20th year, brings together distinguished industry specialists and movie lovers through accessible screenings, panels, workshops and parties. Check santafefilmfestival.com for all events, ticket info and more. Individual screenings start at $10 apiece, and head to the website for options on all-access passes. Various locations Feb 13 – 17, $10 – $200
- Community Day at the Garden – Get free admission to the garden for New Mexico residents and students. Santa Fe Botanical Garden, 715 Camino Lejo, Thu, Feb 14
- Mark Your Calendars for our Next Women to Women Luncheon, Wed, Feb 27 at noon at Cowgirl with guest speaker Abby Bordner, a speaker and consultant regarding the brain science of early childhood talking about Why Early Childhood Education Matters to Everyone. RSVP early! $25 at the door.
Cool Photography from Irene Owsley
Other Cool Stuff
Soul Craft – An Online Writing Workshop for Life, Business & Inspiration
If you want a more engaged life, a more successful business, or to become a more inspired (and inspiring) version of yourself…WRITE! Award-winning author and writing coach Kelly Madrone is offering a new online group designed to hone your writing skills and connect you with your undiscovered passion. www.kellymadrone.com/write-now. Marketing can annoy the heck out of people, but it doesn’t have to! Grow your business with soul. Learn how to use blogs, newsletters, articles, and other creative content to cultivate not just customers or clients, but community. www.kellymadrone.com/blogging-for-business
Tapping for Love! Please join Andi Sutherland and friends for an evening of EFT Tapping for Love, this coming Wed, Feb 13th, in the Canyon Room at the Hotel Santa Fe from 7 – 8:30 p.m. If you yearn for more love in your life, whether it’s love of another, self-love, or even the experience of Divine Love, please join us as we tap away your obstacles to knowing and having that love. Group tapping is powerful and fun, and no prior experience is necessary. The cost is $15. Please RSVP to 505.310.1465 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if possible. www.andisutherland.com
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!