Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Winter Solstice Labyrinth – Join friends and neighbors for a sunrise gathering to mark the age old tradition of welcoming the winter solstice at the Eldorado labyrinth located close to the cactus garden at the community center. Eldorado Community Center, 1 Hacienda Loop,Fri, Dec 21 from 6:30am to 7:30am
- Santa Fe Homeless Persons’ Memorial Vigil – In conjunction with the National Homeless Persons’ Memorial Day, join the New Mexico Coalition to End Homelessness for a memorial ceremony to honor and celebrate the lives of homeless friends and neighbors who passed away in 2018. It’s in the courtyard, so dress warmly. Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 417 Agua Fría St., Fri, Dec 21 at 3pm
- Museum Hill Holiday Stroll – Free admission to the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture and the Museum of International Folk Art. The Tewa Women’s Choir performs at 5 pm at the MIAC Theater; Renate Yazzie (Diné) performs a mix of classical and holiday music on piano at 5:30 pm in the MIAC lobby; at MOIFA, make your own farolito and check out a mercado with holiday gifts; also featuring an outdoor tree lighting, ornament workshop for adults and families, plus holiday refreshments and traditional Western holiday music sung in Diné piped outdoors.
Museum Hill, 710 Camino Lejo, Fri, Dec 21 from 4pm – 7pm
- A Baroque Christmas from Santa Fe Pro Musica– Loretto Chapel, 207 Old Santa Fe Trail, Tickets $20 – $90, Fri. Dec. 21 – Mon. Dec. 24
- GLOW: Cosmic Nights – Light up your holiday season with thousands of twinkle lights and beautiful large-scale light installations all aglow throughout the garden. Enjoy live music, festive beverages, and meet Santa. Opens at 5 pm last entry 7:30 pm. Kids 12 and under get in free! Santa Fe Botanical Garden, 715 Camino Lejo, Dec. 14 thru 31, 2018 (closed Dec 24 & 25).
Farolito Walk on Canyon Road, Mon, Dec 24 starts 5pm
More Holiday Cheer
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!