Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. There’s lots going on this week!
Canyon Road Spring Art Festival – All along Canyon Road, galleries open their doors with live painting demos, plein aire painting, refreshments and more.
Canyon Road, Sat, May. 12, 10am – 3p
San Miguel Mission by Cheri O’Brien Oil on Canvas
Cheri O’Brien Fine Art
618 Canyon Rd
Cool Pick of the Week
MFA Graduate Residency Readings
Lannan Foundation 313 Read St. , Fri, May. 11th at 7:30p
Hear from those about to graduate from the IAIA Low Residency MFA in creative writing program. Tonight’s readers are Kate O’Neill, Rowena Alegria, Anna Osceola (Crow Tribe of Indians of Montana), Arielle Robbins, Brendan Basham (Diné) and Rose Simpson (Santa Clara Pueblo).
- Register now for Usui/Holy Fire II Reiki Classes w/ Licensed Reiki Master Teacher, Teresa Jantz. Reiki I & II – May 19 & 20, Animal Reiki – May 21, Art/Master – Nov. 2, 3 & 4. Learn more & register at TouchpointTherapy.com 970-903-2547
- Free Admission to Santa Fe Botanical Gardens in celebrating an Annual Day of Awareness that Honors the Role Public Gardens Play, Fri, May. 11th 9am – 5pm
- Spring Book Sale at Vista Grande Public Library, Fri. & Sat. May 11-12, 10am – 6pm
- Last day to donate Mother’s Day Donation Drive Benefitting Esperanza Shelter – accepting donations at 2000 Old Pecos Trail, May 7th through May 11th, 8:00am- 5:00pm – Suggested items to donate: Gift cards in amounts of $10 or $20
Gently used clothing, including coats, hats, socks, and shoes
New underwear of all sizes for women and children
New pillows/pillow protectors
Twin sheets (for the Shelter)
Sheets of varying sizes (for survivors starting over in new housing)
New blankets of varying sizes
Luggage and backpacks
Monetary donations are also welcome
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby Meeting, La Farge Public Library, Free, Sat, May. 12th, 10am. Come learn how CCL is working for climate change solutions that bridge the partisan divide and how you may help.
- Santa Fe Chapter of the Awesome Foundation is accepting grant applications.You could win a $1,000 grant to turn your awesome community project into an awesome reality! Open to Individuals or groups. Deadline June 1. Apply here: http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/santafe Questions? Email email@example.com
- If you are a member but were unable to attend the last 100 Women Who Care Meeting please mail your checks, payable to Feed Santa Fe, to Katie Roundtree. Click here to get her address
- You are Invited: Janet O’Neal Art Tour Reception – Make Janet O’Neal your last stop on the Eldorado Studio Tour on Sat. May 19 and join her for a wine & cheese reception. Janet is an award-winning photographer & mixed media artist. Plan to tour her studio & see her stunning, new works. For questions or to RSVP contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org. 5-8pm – Studio #56, 4 Cuesta Road, Eldorado RSVP HERE Space Limited
- Santa Fe Indivisible Meeting, Center for Progress and Justice, Mon, May. 14
7pm. Join the politically progressive group for occasional guest speakers, discussing your concerns, and group activism like writing postcards to deliver to our reps in Congress. Newcomers are always welcome, so go fight the good fight.
- RSVP for Santa Fe Women2Women Luncheon w/ guest speaker, Dede Feldman, former State Senator, consultant & author. Wed. May 23, noon at Cowgirl $25 at the door. Space limited.
Happy Mother’s Day! To all mothers & everyone who has mothers!
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!