Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Show Opening of SHE BUDDA, sculptures and paintings by Andrea Broyles, Reception July 20 from 5-7pm at Wear Your Grace, 125 East Palace, Santa Fe
Cool Picks for the Week
- Enroll Now: Speaking Into Presence invites you to experiment and experience speaking out in a new way. Where do you need to speak more effectively with confidence, claim your voice and be heard? Offered by Beata Lewis (BridgingLives.com), Executive Coach with a specialization as a certified Master Somatic Coach. Mon., July 30th 5:15-7:30pm in Santa Fe. Space Limited to 8 Participants. $47. Speaking Into Presence – Click Here for more info
- THE FENCE 2018 Returns: July 21, 5-8pm at the Railyard Park. ASMP (The American Society of Media Photographers) New Mexico chapter & United Photo Industries, are pleased to present the annual edition of the nationally acclaimed photographic outdoor exhibition series called THE FENCE. Joining the 2018 roster of exhibition locations, including Brooklyn, Boston, Atlanta, Calgary, Durham, Sarasota, and Denver, the exhibition will be on display July 21 – Oct. 27. In association with the national exhibition, THE FENCE NEW MEXICO, will also be shown, exclusively featuring the work of New Mexico-based photographers.D
- Attention Dog & Book Lovers: Local author Dirk Wales reads from his books on the famous US Mail Rail dog, Owney. Meet search and rescue canines from Sandia Search & Rescue; Assistance Dogs of the West from Santa Fe hosts a junior trainer with a newly recruited puppy trainee; make the acquaintance of community outreach dogs and find out what they do; and visit with adoptable dogs from Española Humane. Vista Grande Public Library, Sat, Jul 21, 1 – 3pm. The event is free and open to all two-legged humans.
- Counting Butterflies: Join New Mexico’s butterfly guru Steve Cary at the annual butterfly count. Every individual butterfly that is identified will be recorded. Participants will travel to three separate areas to observe, count and learn about butterflies: mesa top, high-altitude and streamside. Registration is required, call 505-662-0460. Sat, Jul 21, 9am – 3:15pm. Please bring binoculars (close-focusing), cameras, nets (if you have one), sturdy walking shoes, lunch and water. Some nets will be provided.
- An Evening Honoring the Work of Sam Shepard: Ironweed Productions presents a staged reading of selections from Shepard’s body of work. As the playwright had personal ties to Santa Fe, this evening honors the playwright, his work, and a venerable company in town. El Museo Cultural de Santa Fe, Sun, Jul 29, 7pm. This event is free. (Get there early.)
- Mark Your Calendars: The next meeting for 100 Women Who Care in Santa Fe, Wed. Aug. 1 from 6-7 pm at the Scottish Rite Temple. Invite your friends!
- Adopt the River: Santa Fe Watershed Association is looking for volunteers to adopt a reach of the Santa Fe River or adopt a reach of an arroyo. To learn more about becoming a steward of the Santa Fe River or Arroyos, call (505) 820-1696.
- Registration Open: A Gathering Creative Women Workshop, Aug. 18 – 21. A retreat at Sanctuary Rass Mandall with yoga, meditation & 5 digital portraits from photographer Patti Bose of yourself to use for your website, social media, personal branding etc. Space limited. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gimme Shelter: Trainers’ Rally for Rescue Horses
Professional trainers have volunteered their time and talents to take a rescue horse into training for 100 days. None of the horses had been ridden before. The trainers will be exhibiting the horses at the 5th Annual Gimme Shelter Event, and the horses will be available for adoption. FREE to the public.
The Santa Fe Rodeo Grounds
3237 Rodeo Rd.
Fri. 4—6.30 pm judging of Conditioning & In Hand and “Talk to the Trainers” (no vending on site.)
Sat. kicks off at 10 am with Riding Obstacles & Dry Work. Freestyle at 12 pm. You will have the opportunity to visit with trainers & horses at 1 pm, followed by adoption-based auction of the participating horses. (Pre-bidding is available if you cannot attend.) Food, shaved ice and merchandise vendors onsite. NO DOGS ALLOWED!
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!