Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Holiday Market: Recycled and Reimagined – The International Folk Art Market and four artists in the IFAM family have partnered with clothier Eileen Fisher’s recycling program to revitalize and create new garments. The artists have transformed recycled garments into original clothing, and each one is a one-of-a-kind treasure. International Folk Art Alliance, 620 Cerrillos Road, Fri & Sat, Dec 14 & 15
- Canyon Road Holiday Block Party – Galleries up and down our artsiest street open with refreshments, farolitos, bonfires, music and plenty of Santa Fe magic. Fri, Dec 14 from 4-7 pm
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet: The Nutcracker – Lensic Performing Arts Center, Sat & Sun Dec 15 & 16 – click here for tickets
- Mandala Construction Closing Ceremony – The monks of Drepung Loseling Monastery construct a sand mandala by pouring colored sand into place over a period of nine days. They are creating a Green Tara, who is called upon for protection, health, happiness, wisdom, abundance and success, and is the female manifestation of enlightenment. After finishing the mandala between 10 am and noon, attend a closing ceremony and destruction of the mandala at 1 pm.
Institute of American Indian Arts83 Avan Nu Po Road, $10, Sun, Dec 16
- Schola Christmas Concert – Schola Cantorum of Santa Fe performs an a cappella Christmas concert, including “Auld Lang Syne,” “Ave Maria,” “O Holy Night” and all your favorite holiday songs. Santuario de Guadalupe, 100 N Guadalupe St, Sun, Dec 16 at 3pm
- Santa Fe Women’s Ensemble: Songs of Hope and Light – Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel, 50 Mt. Carmel Road, $10 – $25, Sun, Dec 16 at 3pm
- GLOW: Cosmic Nights – Light up your holiday season with thousands of twinkle lights and beautiful large-scale light installations all aglow throughout the garden. Enjoy live music, festive beverages, and meet Santa. Opens at 5 pm last entry 7:30 pm. Kids 12 and under get in free! Santa Fe Botanical Garden, 715 Camino Lejo, Dec. 14 thru 31, 2018 (closed Dec 24 & 25).
Meet Santa Fe artist Janet O’Neal the featured artist in residence this weekend. She’ll being doing demonstrations & showing her work at Four Seasons Rancho Encantado, Fri – Sun 12/14 – 12/16. Call 505-946-5700 for more info
Renaissance artist, Claire Kahn, returns to Patina Gallery for her eighth solo exhibition, Winter in Jacona She weaves a mosaic of color amongst the intertwined Japanese, cylindrical glass beads that comprise her collection of necklaces and bracelets. 131 W. Palace Ave. Opening Fri. Dec. 14. Show runs thru Jan. 14
More Holiday Cheer
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!