Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Downtown First Friday reception with Patina Gallery & seven other downtown businesses. Fri, June 7 from 5-7pm. The reception will include a preview of upcoming exhibition, Unearthing European Makers for 2019, opening July 12. “This is a diverse, cultural hub for artists, thinkers and visitors. The purpose of First
Friday is to come downtown, have fun and meet your friends for a unique, social experience. Patina and many others in the area asked ourselves, ‘What can we do together for Santa Fe?’ We were compelled to celebrate the downtown story and that is just what we’re doing.” – Ivan Barnett, Director of Patina Gallery
- Fast Art Day – A variety of lightning rounds see how much you can learn about various types of art in a bunch of three-minute lectures. New Mexico Museum of Art Fri, June 7 at 5:30pm 107 W Palace Ave
Movie Premiere of 2 Hearts presented by the St. Vincent Hospital Foundation – Fri. June 7 at 7:30pm at the Lensic. Following the premiere screening, Director and Producers, Lance and Conrad Hool, along with writer, Veronica Hool will join actor, Adan Canto for an intimate Q&A with the audience. L.A. band, We Are the West, will perform live at the Lensic Theater during the premiere event featuring music from the movie. The 2 Hearts Movie Premiere proceeds will benefit an initiative that will increase the likelihood of survival for those suffering from cardiac arrest by providing advanced training to CHRISTUS St. Vincent Associates and Santa Fe First Responders in cutting edge CPR techniques.
- The Buckaroo Ball is in need of more community sponsors, or just individuals willing to purchase tables or event tickets to meet the goal of $100,000 for this year’s four grantees: Communities in Schools, SFPS Adelante, Earth Care, and Resolve. The Buckaroo Ball Committee was founded in 1994 by local women with a philanthropic bent and is now a fund of the New Mexico Children’s Foundation. It is a 100% volunteer organization that is solely dedicated to providing assistance to children at risk in Santa Fe County, as well as to increasing public awareness and to building community partnerships to supporting organizations serving our children. For more information, contact Cheryl Ford at email@example.com
- Santa Fe Farmers Market – More than 150 farmers and producers in 15 Northern New Mexico counties, the Market brings fresh food, education and fun to our community and promotes small farms and sustainable agriculture in Northern New Mexico. Farmers Market Pavilion Saturday mornings 7am – 1pm at 1607 Paseo de Peralta
- Beers for Books – At a book drive to benefit Salazar Elementary’s K5+ program, donate a new book for children 5-11 and receive a beer ticket. Rowley Farmhouse Ales Sun, June 9 from 12 – 7:00pm, 1405 Maclovia
- Music on the Hill starts again this week and runs every Wed. evening in June & July from 6-8 pm. This week Wed. Jun 12, Christine Fawson. Downbeat Magazine has called trumpeter and vocalist Christine Fawson “a distinctive performer with compelling dynamism.” A third place winner in the 2017 International Sarah Vaughan Jazz Vocal Competition, she entrances audiences worldwide with her technical prowess and emotional resonance. Athletic Field, St. John’s College, 1160 Camino Cruz Blanca, Santa Fe, New Mexico. Free and open to the public
- RSVP for Women to Women Luncheon: Wed. June 19, noon at Cowgirl, $25 at the door with Connie Knudson, Feng Shui Specialist & Author, her talk – Feng Shui for Financial Abundance (RSVP here) AND Wed. July 10 at noon, location TBD, with Valerie Plame, former career covert CIA operations officer, international speaker, author & advocate for the elimination of nuclear weapons. We’ll be selling tickets in advance for the luncheon with Valerie Plame and will send out an announcement. If you know you’d like to attend email me and I’ll send you an advance notice so you can sign up.
- Get Tickets for Second Annual Bluejeans, Boots & Barbecue to Benefit Esperanza Shelter. Esperanza Shelter, the region’s only domestic abuse services agency, will hold its Second Annual Bluejeans, Boots & Barbecue to benefit its work with women and children who have experienced domestic abuse. The event is Fri, June 21 from 6-10 pm at the Santa Fe Farmers Market Pavilion & will include dance tunes & catering by Cowgirl restaurant. The evening will include a special appeal for the Seeds of Hope Children’s Program at Esperanza, which provides therapy and life skills education to approximately 280 children annually. Visit www.esperanzashelter.org/events or call 505.474.5536.
Upcoming Cool Stuff
Preview Opening of the Santa Fe Studio Tour, at the Santa Fe Women’s Club, 1616 Old Santa Fe Trail. Fri, June 14, 5-8 pm See a selection of work by the artists on this year’s studio tour, get a map and brochure so you can plan your visits on the following two weekends. For more information, go to santafestudiotour.com
“Retro Watering Can” acrylic on canvas by Bette Yozell, studio 22 on tour
FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!