Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Celebrating the Summer Solstice
Cool Picks for the Week
- Minnesota Boychoir – The Twin Cities-based choir hits the road for its 36th annual summer tour; the group is considered one of the finest traditional boy choirs in the country. Each year, the Minnesota Boychoir embarks upon an international or domestic tour, singing everywhere from St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome, the French Riviera and the Sydney Opera House to Winnipeg and Kansas City. This year, 58 boys from the Cantabile and Allegro ensembles hit the road from June 19-30 to perform across the US Southwest. Program highlights include British composer Bob Chilcott’s arrangement of U2’s “MLK;” Billy Joel’s “Good Night My Angel;” “All Good Gifts” from Godspell; Bradley Ellingboe’s “How Can I Keep From Singing;” and “Long Walk to Freedom,” based on a text by Nelson Mandela. Also included in the concert are the Spanish language pieces “Yole Canto” and “Viva La Quince Brigada.”
State Capitol Building Fri, Jun 21 at 12pm 490 Old Santa Fe Trail.
- Bluejeans, Boots & Barbecue to Benefit Esperanza Shelter to benefit its work with women and children who have experienced domestic abuse Fri, June 21 from 6-10 pm at the Santa Fe Farmers Market Pavilion & will include dance tunes & catering by Cowgirl restaurant. The evening will include a special appeal for the Seeds of Hope Children’s Program at Esperanza, which provides therapy and life skills education to approximately 280 children annually. Visit www.esperanzashelter.org/events or call 505.474.5536.
- Southside Summer: Mary Poppins outdoors in the Midtown Campus quad’s band shell. All summer, films celebrate a different country each week; this one shows off England.Presented by the CCA, the City of Santa Fe Arts Commission and Santa Fe Community College. Midtown Campus Fri, Jun 21 at 6pm 1600 St. Michael’s Dr
- Summer Clean & Green Community Cleanup Event w/ the Santa Fe Watershed Assn. Volunteers will meet at either Alto Park to register for litter clean-up or Montaño Park to register for plant thinning at 10am on Sat, June 22. Please bring gloves, water, and wear sturdy shoes. The cleanup will last until 12pm. The SFWA will provide light snacks. For more information contact Keely firstname.lastname@example.org or call (505) 820-1696.
- Selecting Native Plants for Your Landscape – The workshop includes a tour of native plants in the Audubon Center’s garden. Presented by the Santa Fe Extension Master Gardeners Association (sfemg.org). Randall Davey Audubon Center Sat, Jun 22 from 10am – 12pm 1800 Upper Canyon Rd.
- Sand Play Saturday – Kids can play and learn in the Railyard’s outdoor science classroom (the sandbox) for toddlers Toys, tools and equipment provided. Railyard Park Sat, Jun 22 from 10am – 12pm Cerrillos Rd & Guadalupe St
- Make the Success of Women Winning the Vote Visible. The West led the way to winning the vote. Now, we want to lead the Centennial celebration. Our plan is to have a Votes for Women float in the Tournament of Roses Parade on January 1, 2020. What could be a better day for the first event of the year-long celebration? It will be a glorious, inclusive float in this famous parade, one that portrays the persistence it took for women to win the vote 100 years ago.
MAKE IT HAPPEN. But fund-raising is urgent. The building of the float will start soon and we need your contribution now. If you want to see women featured — and our great victory recognized — in this renowned parade, you must donate now. Visit the website. Follow us on social media. And ask your friends to help, too. Time is critical. Just $5 could help Write Women Back Into History!
- Get your tickets for Santa Fe Women to Women‘s A Luncheon with Valerie Plame, former career covert CIA operations officer “outed” by the Bush Administration, international speaker, author & advocate for the elimination of nuclear weapons, candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in New Mexico’s 3rd Congressional District in the upcoming 2020 election. Her talk: My Life as a Spy, My betrayal by the White House & My Plans for the Future. Wed. July 10 at Inn of Loretto. $50. Tickets must be purchased ahead of time. Early Bird prices thru July 1. Click here.
Upcoming Cool Stuff
The Santa Fe Studio Tour is this weekend and next, June 22 & 23 and June 29 & 30, from 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday. See artists in their work space, enjoy refreshments, and be the first to see new work! This once a year event is a must do! For a map and other information, go to santafestudiotour.com
“Orchard Diptyk” solar etching with collage ©️Bette Yozell 2019 studio 22
- DAY LONG INTENSIVE IN THE WORK OF BYRON KATIE: Who would you be without your story? Join Certified Facilitators Valli Baron and Andrea Cassola for this day long dive into a way of questioning that leads to the end of suffering. Sat, June 22, 10am-5pm, Prana Blessings, 1925 Rosina Street. $110. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to register.
FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at email@example.com
- A lunch time fashion show produced by Natasha Nargis, weaver and proprietor of shop/gallery natasha Santa Fe. Fri, Jun 21 at noon Eloisa Restaurant
228 E Palace Ave
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!