Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Celebrating Mothers Everywhere!
Cool Picks for the Week
- Come experience the heart-warming performances as over 500 public school children display excellence through energy and teamwork. Celebrate the impactful programming NDI New Mexico provides to almost 8,500 children statewide. Have fun while making a difference in the lives of thousands of New Mexico’s children! “Our Dancing Feet!” at THE DANCE BARNS Fri, May 10 @ 5 & 7pm Sat, May 11 @ 2:30pm Schools Featured: Acequia Madre, El Camino Real, Gonzales, Sweeney, Tesuque Elementary, Te Tsu Geh Oweenge School, Dance Barns Class Parents, Community Tiny Tots, Celebration Team, and Saturday SWAT
- Creativity for Peace Garage Sale Fundraiser – 100% of proceeds benefit the nonprofit Creativity for Peace and its work bringing understanding and dialog to girls from Palestine and Israel. Lutheran Church of the Servant Sat, May 11
8am – 2pm 2481 Legacy Court
- Connecting Water & Community: Community Collaborations & Partnerships – Join the discussion at a public input meeting to provide the city with ideas to help shape its five-year water conservation plan. To best serve the community, they need the voices of Santa Feans to be reflected in the plan. Genoveva Chavez Community Center Sat, May 11 from 10am – 12pm 3221 Rodeo Road Santa Fe
- World Migratory Bird Day – The worldwide celebration of our avian friends with two live bird presentations and flight demonstrations (featuring Sol the turkey vulture, who is more than 20 years old). Learn more at migratorybirdday.org.
New Mexico Wildlife Center $2 Sat, May 11 from 11am – 3pm at 19 Wheat Street Española
- Adobe Brick-Making Community Day – May is Historic Preservation month, so celebrate by joining Cornerstones for its 3rd annual Adobe Brick-Making. Learn traditional adobe brick-making and get your hands dirty for a worthy cause. Each brick you make will be used in a Cornerstones preservation project. All ages are welcome. No experience necessary. Cornerstones needs volunteers to help set up and clean up the event areas, to prepare the adobe mix and help others make the bricks, so contact Karen Kuranz email@example.com or 982-9521 if you can assist.
Drury Plaza Hotel Sat, May 11 from 9:30am – 1pm at 828 Paseo de Peralta
- Understanding Our Anger as a Catalyst for Positive Change -Women have centuries of built-up anger living in their bodies and minds. Join Betsy Keats to create a new and positive relationship with this powerful emotion in a supportive group environment. To register, email Keats at firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Fe Public Library Main Branch Sat, May 11 from 3 – 4:30pm, 145 Washington Ave.
- Tenor, James Onstad & guitarist David Leisner will be performing concerts in May in New Mexico & New York. As a prelude, come Sat. May 11 at 7 pm for a private concert at Charlotte Jackson Fine Art. The concert is free but only those with reservations are guaranteed a seat. Call 505-989-8688 or email email@example.com, 554 S. Guadalupe St. in the Railyard.
- Spring Open House at Kindred Spirits Animal Sanctuary – Celebrate Mother’s Day with the animals in hospice care (from dogs to livestock to turkeys) with workshops, vegan refreshments, art and more. Meet the happy and healthy senior animals—they’ll tell you with smiles and wagging tails that KSAS’ wellness care works! For details, times and directions, visit kindredspiritsnm.org. Sun, May 12
10am – 4pm Kindred Spirits Animal Sanctuary 3749-A Hwy. 14
- Moms in Free at Santa Fe Botanical Garden on Sun, May 12 from 9am – 5pm 715 Camino Lejo
- If you missed the 100 Women Who Care Meeting but would still like to be a part of the donation, send your check in today to Katie Rountree, payable to SFHS Choir Booster Club. Katie is collecting the checks to deliver when all money is in. Email Katie for her mailing address.
Zia Singers Spring Concert coming up on Sat & Sun, May 18 & 19 featuring songs made famous by leading ladies of Broadway. These performances are a prelude to our 2020 concerts that will celebrate the 100 year anniversary of women getting the right to vote in our country. Zia Singers are a local all-women’s chorus going all out to celebrate the progress women have made in this century! Performances are at 3pm at James A. Little Theater, 1060 Cerrillos Rd.
- RSVP for Santa Fe Women to Women Luncheon. Guest Speaker Rev. Dr. Leona Stucky, a Professional Psychotherapist, Author & AAPC Diplomate. Her talk – My Journey from Writing a Memoir to Helping Create a National Day of Action. Wed. May 22 @ noon. $25 at Cowgirl restaurant. Space limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space
Upcoming Cool Stuff
- FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at email@example.com
More Coolness from Cool List Members:
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!