Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Kentucky Derby Hat
Cool Picks for the Week
- How you can prepare for wildfire – Hosted by the Greater Santa Fe Fireshed Coalition, the City of Santa Fe Fire Department, City of Santa Fe Department of Emergency Management, Villages of Santa Fe, and the Forest Stewards Guild. Workshops include: Evacuation Preparation, How to be alerted about wildfire in Santa Fe How to create a “Go Kit” , How to prepare your family and home to evacuate, How to prepare your home for wildfire. Simple things you can do to reduce the risk of your home igniting. Conducting your own Home Hazard Assessment. Sat, May 4 from 10am to 1pm at the City of Santa Fe Office of Emergency Management at the old College of Santa Fe. Registration is recommended. Click here
- Compost Clinic – As part of the Master Gardener Garden Fair, learn how to compost your yard and food waste with proper techniques for building a thermal pile, turning, finishing and screening compost. Bring hats, gloves, study shoes, water, and a pitchfork if you have one. Presented by the Santa Fe Compost Action Team (SCAT) of the Santa Fe Master Gardener Association. Santa Fe County Fairgrounds, Free Sat, May 4 from 9am – 1pm 3229 Rodeo Road
- Audubon Day: A Celebration of Birds – The Center for New Mexico Archaeology, an affiliate of the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, teams up with Audubon New Mexico for a family-friendly event with live demonstrations as well as hands-on activities; make clay figures, view bird-related objects under a microscope, create balls out of bird seed and learn the basics of birding skills. The Center for New Mexico Archaeology Sat, May 4 from 10am – 2pm, 7 Old Cochiti Road
- Volunteers Needed – Healing Voices/Personal Stories, a local non-profit working to raise public awareness of women striving to overcome abuse through the creation and distribution of film and video, needs volunteers for video demonstration “die in” as a part of National Day of Action Against Domestic Violence. Volunteers needed on Sat. May 4 from 11am – 3pm at the Railyard email@example.com
- Kentucky Derby Day Gala Fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity – Celebrate the Kentucky Derby in style: mint juleps, champagne, southern food, silent and live auctions, live jazz, fancy hats, and a simulcast of the “greatest two minutes in sports.” Every dollar raised goes toward providing affordable housing for deserving families in our own community. Sat, May 4, 1:30–5pm Drury Plaza Hotel
- IAIA BFA Creative Writing Graduate Reading – The best from featured readers Debbie Haddow, Damien Moore (Navajo), Chelsea Napper and Matthew Robeck. IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts Sat, May 4 @ 2pm 108 Cathedral Place Santa Fe
- Mother’s Day Celebration at the Santa Fe Woman’s Club – The Santa Fe Woman’s Club is having their annual MOTHER’S DAY GIFT FAIR. It will be held on Sun, May 5 from 10am – 4pm at their Clubhouse located 1616 Old Pecos Trail. The proceeds will go to the many charities and college scholarships funded yearly by the Santa Fe Woman’s Club and Library Association. Last year it was a great success, and we expect it will be even better this year.
- United We Run The church hosts a 5K run/walk (and a 1K fun run for kids, too) to raise funds for three Santa Fe organizations: New Mexico Environmental Law Center, Santa Fe Dreamers Project and BOOKKIDS (to supply books for students in Santa Fe Public Schools). Runners/walkers are invited to collect donations from friends and family. Registration and donation forms are available online at unitedchurchofsantafe.org, in its community room, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call 988-3295. United Church of Santa Fe Sun, May 5 @ 12pm at 1804 Arroyo Chamiso
- Come experience the heart-warming performances as over 500 public school children display excellence through energy and teamwork. Celebrate the impactful programming NDI New Mexico provides to almost 8,500 children statewide. Have fun while making a difference in the lives of thousands of New Mexico’s children! “Our Dancing Feet!” at THE DANCE BARNS Thurs, May 9 @ 6pm, Fri, May 10 @ 5 & 7pm Sat, May 11 @ 2:30pm Schools Featured: Acequia Madre, El Camino Real, Gonzales, Sweeney, Tesuque Elementary, Te Tsu Geh Oweenge School, Dance Barns Class Parents, Community Tiny Tots, Celebration Team, and Saturday SWAT
- If you missed the 100 Women Who Care Meeting but would still like to be a part of the donation, send your check in today to Katie Rountree, payable to SFHS Choir Booster Club. Katie is collecting the checks to deliver when all money is in. Email Katie for her mailing address.
Upcoming Cool Stuff
- FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at email@example.com
More Coolness from Cool List Members:
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!