Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
High School Senior Projects from the NM School for the Arts Class of 2019 – Fri Apr 26 Opening Reception for the Visual Arts Senior Exhibit “Ipseity” 6-8pm at 927 Baca Street. Fri & Sat Apr 26 & 27 the Theater Senior Projects will be on stage beginning at 7pm in the Large Rehearsal Hall. The Dance Department’s Senior Projects will be held on Sun Apr 28 at 6pm in the Large Rehearsal Hall.
- One Year Anniversary Paseo Pottery Bash, donating 100% of proceeds to local non-profits. At Tumbleroot, Fri, Apr 26 from 5-8 pm. All in attendance will get to cast a vote for their favorite local charity. At 7pm the chosen non-profit will be announced and will receive Paseo Pottery’s profits for 2019.
- Jemez Springs Spring Paintout – For the second year, the Plein Air Painters of New Mexico set up their easels at various locations within a 35-mile radius from the beautiful Village of Jemez Springs to work their magic on canvas. The painters will be at these locations this week: Apr 26: Jemez Historic Site (8:30 am-5 pm) Apr 27: Jemez Pueblo Apr 28: Fenton Lake ($5 entry fee) Apr 29: Perea Nature Trail
Apr 30: Battleship Rock ($5 per car entry fee) May 1: Spanish Queen Picnic Site.
- Earth Day Acequia and River Cruise – Community bicycle ride with the Santa Fe Conservation Trust visiting trails, parks and quiet streets down the Acequia Madre and up the Santa Fe River. The ride begins and ends at the Railyard Park, with a half-way break at Meow Wolf. Arrive back at the Railyard just in time for the kick-off of Earth Day events. Sat, Apr 27 at 10am at 701 Callejon St.
- The Santa Fe Watershed Association and the City of Santa Fe are pleased to announce the completion of Five Rain Gardens at General Franklin E. Miles Park.
You are cordially invited to attend the Mayor’s Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Sat, Apr 27 at 10 am
- Railyard Park Earth Day Celebration – Celebrate the Earth and local biodiversity in honor of 2019’s national Earth Day theme: “Protect our Species!” Enjoy games, interactive activities for kids, live music, parades and animal ambassadors. Railyard Park Sat, Apr 27 from 12-4pm Cerrillos Rd and Guadalupe St
- Public Forum on Immigration – The League of Women Voters of Santa Fe County sponsors, and panelists include Marcela Diaz of Somos Un Pueblo Unido; Allegra Love of the Santa Fe Dreamers Project; Rebekah Wolf of the New Mexico Immigrant Law Center; and Mayor Alan Webber. Unitarian Universalist Congregation Sat, Apr 27 from 2- 4pm 107 W Barcelona Rd
- Volunteers Needed – Healing Voices/Personal Stories, a local non-profit working to raise public awareness of women striving to overcome abuse through the creation and distribution of film and video, needs volunteers for video demonstration “die in” as a part of National Day of Action Against Domestic Violence. Volunteers needed on Sat. May 4 from 11am – 3pm. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Your Calendars for 100 Women Who Care in Santa Fe Meeting Wed. May 1 at 6pm at the Scottish Rite Temple. Come at 5pm if you’d like a tour of the building. Bring a friend…bring two!
Upcoming Cool Stuff
- FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at email@example.com
- Have You Got a Book In You?
If you’re thinking about writing a non-fiction book, but aren’t sure where to begin or what the process looks like, Book Lab is for you. It’s a short, affordable, online course designed to help you determine whether your idea is a book and if so, how to get started. Starts May 19. www.kellymadrone.com/book-lab.
Soul Craft – An Online Writers’ Group
If you want a more engaged life, a more successful business, or to become a more inspired (and inspiring) version of yourself…WRITE! Award-winning author and writing coach Kelly Madrone is offering a new online group designed to hone your writing skills and connect you with a richer life. It launches June 9 with an earlybird discount for the first three to sign up! www.kellymadrone.com/every-other-sunday
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running a post here let me know.
Bring May Flowers
More Coolness from Cool List Members:
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!