Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Mural in Nashville
(I’m on vacation this week)
An abandoned concrete silo looms over a neighborhood in Nashville, which was nearly torn down. Instead, it’s become the centerpiece of the community’s redevelopment. A 15-story commemorative painting of an elderly man who lived nearly all his life within sight of the silo, was created.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Museum of Indian Arts & Culture Earth Day Celebration -Arnold Herrera (Cochiti) presents a traditional blessing at 10 am, followed by Southwest Native American gardening and planting techniques. At 2 pm, head to the indoor auditorium for a discussion on how expansion and illegal waste dumping disproportionately affect communities of color and Indigenous populations. The stories illustrate the fight for environmental justice as communities protect New Mexico’s land and the people impacted by US and corporate-sanctioned actions. Family activities free; lecture free with museum admission, which is $6-$12. Museum Hill Sat, Apr 20 from 10am – 3pm, 710 Camino Lejo
- Crystal Ball Celebration – Celebrate Resolve (formerly Impact Personal Safety) and how it’s provided 19 years of violence prevention and community safety classes and workshops to all communities in Santa Fe. Dinner, music, dancing and silent auction. Eldorado Hotel and Spa $85, Sat, Apr 20 at 6pm, 309 W San Francisco St.
- Easter Sunrise Service at Jemez Historic Site The historic site hosts an all-faiths sunrise service with the Jemez Valley Baptist Church, the Jemez Mountain Baptist Church, the Jemez Springs Community Presbyterian Church and Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church. After the service, take in the picturesque ruins and scenic vistas and enjoy a sense of place. Jemez Historic Site Sun, Apr 21 at 7am 18160 Hwy. 4, Jemez Springs
- The Transition Network Celebrates 7th Anniversary at Monthly Program – Join TTN Mon, Apr 22, members and guests alike, in celebrating TTN’s 7th anniversary. There’ll be cake, music, singing, and great company! From 5:45-7:30 p.m. at Montezuma Lodge, 431 Paseo de Peralta, women 50 and forward welcome. For more information e-mail email@example.com. $5.00 suggested donation.
- RSVP for Women to Women Luncheon – Guest Speaker Deborah Boldt, Executive Director of Reel Fathers. Her talk: Identity In Ink — Bringing Father and Family into the Classroom REEL FATHERS at Capital High Wed. Apr 24 at noon at Cowgirl $25 at the door. Space limited.
- Mark Your Calendars for 100 Women Who Care in Santa Fe Meeting Wed. May 1 at 6pm at the Scottish Rite Temple. Come at 5pm if you’d like a tour of the building. Bring a friend…bring two!
- FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is: www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER HERE or Email Connie Knudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Coolness: Ethyl the Blue Whale in Santa Fe
Meow Wolf is partnering with Santa Fe Community College to bring giant Blue Whale, Ethyl aboard. It’s part of a community-wide call to action to spend one day without using plastic. The art collective and school said they hope Ethyl’s dramatic size and sustainable message will have a lasting public impact. You can see Ethyl next Monday at SFCC’s track field.
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!