Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool! Natural Easter Egg Dyes!!
Click here for egg dye info
Cool Picks for the Week
- Pet Memorial for Our Community – Please join in honoring beloved pets who have touched our lives throughout the years. We will celebrate with readings, music, stories, tears, and laughter. For more information contact Kasia McRoberts, email@example.com or 505-316-4283. Sat. Apr. 13 at 11 am Rivera’s Kiva of Light, 417 Rodeo Rd.
- Pints for Parkinson’s at all three locations of Second Street Brewery will donate 15% of Saturday’s proceeds to Pints for Parkinson’s New Mexico. This is a Team Fox event to benefit The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research, wherein 100 percent of the proceeds goes directly to research projects. For more info, p4pnm.org. Sat, Apr 13 from 11am – 11pm
- Preparing Habitats for Santa Fe Bluebirds – Would you like to create a habitat for the beautiful bluebirds that make their homes in Santa Fe? In this class, make nesting boxes with a unique Santa Fe style. Then take a short walk to view ideal placement locations that will ensure nest box occupation. Santa Fe Botanical Garden $50 – $55 Sat, Apr 13 from 1- 4pm 715 Camino Lejo
- Connecting History and Health Presented by the Baca Family Historical Project, explore New Mexico history back to the Pueblo Revolt and beyond—and learn more about the CCM1 gene mutation (which can cause cavernous angioma) and whether you may be affected. If you can, bring your family tree; a genealogist can tell you if you are at risk, and there will be testing available. Get more info at bacafamily.org. Santa Fe Woman’s Club 1616 Old Pecos Trail Sun, Apr 14
10:30am – 4pm
- Journeysantafe: Andy Otto, the executive director of the Santa Fe Watershed Association offers a talk titled “What is a Watershed and Why Do We Care?” Collected Works Bookstore and Coffeehouse 202 Galisteo St Sun, Apr 14 at 11am
- Spring Book Sale – Buy some books to benefit the Friends of the Santa Fe Public Library. Rarer books in the Southwest Room, and it’s $10 per bag in the Community Room. Santa Fe Public Library Main Branch Sun, Apr 14 from 1 – 4pm at 145 Washington Ave.
- One World, Many Cultures! Enjoy entertainment, booths and information sponsored by the President’s Diversity Advisory Council in conjunction with the Student Government Association. Call 428-1686 for more information.
Santa Fe Community College 6401 Richards Ave Tue, Apr 16 from 10am – 2pm
Time to buy raffle tickets to benefit United Way of Santa Fe County — specifically their early learning programs, serving over 3,500 children in Santa Fe. 3 for $20. Click here to purchase
- RSVP for Women to Women Luncheon – Guest Speaker Deborah Boldt, Executive Director of Reel Fathers. Her talk: Identity In Ink — Bringing Father and Family into the Classroom REEL FATHERS at Capital High Wed. Apr 24 at noon at Cowgirl $25 at the door. Space limited.
A “Carrot Garden” Easter Cake with Orange Frosted Strawberries
ART SPA WorkshopsExpand your life journey with creativity, nutrition and relaxation in one of our unique workshops located in the hills of Santa Fe, NM. Inspire and renew your creative spirit! Join us for quiet but fun, exciting but restful artistic wonderment both through lectures and/or art classes and culinary demonstrations. Take a creative journey while Arizona Chef, Christine Hauber tantalizes your taste buds with healthy and easy food creation.May 5: The Buzz about BeesMay 18: The Buzz about BeesJuly 10-12: Painted Paper. The Interaction of Texture, Color and FeelingJuly 25-26: Inspired EnamelingJuly 30-August 1: Sculpting the AnimalSeptember 4-6: Creating Image Transfers in Artful CompositionsSeptember 28: The Buzz about BeesOctober 3-4: Knitting with Color
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!