Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Newspaper Pots for Spring Seed Planting
Here’s how to make ’em
Seed Planting Schedule for New Mexico
Cool Picks for the Week
- Hike to the Santa Fe River Canyon – The Santa Fe Botanical Garden hosts a hike into the Santa Fe River Canyon, one of the area’s least-known jewels. The canyon lies just west of La Cienega and features a year-round river due to the many springs in the area. The focus of the trip is the geology of the area and the amazing scenery. The hike crosses the river several times and ends at a beautiful petroglyph plate in the Andesite cliffs. Dress in layers, and bring plenty of water, lunch and sunscreen. Trekking poles and sturdy footwear are strongly recommended. For river crossings, bring footwear appropriate for water to change into. Meet in the parking lot of the La Cienega Community Center, 136 Camino San Jose and proceed the short distance to the trailhead. $5 – $7 Fri, Apr 5 from 10am – 2pm
- SITE Santa Fe Young Curators: Secrets – This year’s young curators explore secrecy and one’s desire to tell, discover or share unknown information. In their investigation, the students acknowledge that art has an element of secrecy in the way it is open for interpretation; art can be an expression of identity or an invitation for intimacy and introspection that is normally kept private. The theme of secrecy elicits the human urge to learn what we cannot or should not know; what is hidden is appealing. Explore the works in their exhibition and uncover the hidden stories in the artworks. Thru April 23. SITE Santa Fe, 1606 Paseo de Peralta SITE Santa Fe Fri, Apr 5 at 5pm
- Eldorado Poetry Reading Series – Celebrate National Poetry Month with free readings in Eldorado. Seating is limited. Eldorado Community Center, 1 Hacienda Loop,Fri, Apr 5, 6:45pm
- Acequia Cleanup Day & Potluck – Join the annual cleaning day of the Acequia del Llano, which runs through Audubon property and along Upper Canyon Road. Please bring gloves and tools (RDAC has a limited supply to borrow), wear sturdy shoes and work clothes. Everyone is invited to bring a dish to share at the community potluck afterwards. RSVP not required, but appreciated. For RSVP or info, contact Carl: 983-4609 or email@example.com Randall Davey Audubon Center 1800 Upper Canyon Rd, Sat, Apr 6, 8:30am – 12pm
- Suicide Symposium – Author and psychologist, Mary Maurice offers an open discussion about the epidemic levels of depression and suicide. Berardinelli McGee Event Center, 1320 Luisa St Berardinelli Sat, Apr 6 at 5:30pm
- Journeysantafe with Christine Chavez – The City of Santa Fe is currently working on a five-year water conservation plan, and seeks input from the community with the goal of better understanding the community’s priorities on how they value water. Learn more about the process from the city water conservation manager. Collected Works Bookstore and Coffeehouse, 202 Galisteo St, Sun, Apr 7 at 11am
- Santa Fe Youth Symphony: ¡Con Vivo! Family Chamber Music Program
Students ranging from middle school to high school ages perform and speak about their instruments and the pieces that they are working on, composed by Antonio Vivaldi, Astor Piazzolla, Joseph Haydn, and Studio Ghibli. Santa Fe Public Library Main Branch 145 Washington Ave, Sun, Apr 7 at 3pm
- Losing the Elephants film with presentation by Lek Chailert, Founder of Save the Elephant Foundation. They can live into their seventies. They recognize themselves in a mirror. Family means more than anything. Memories are held for a lifetime. They are Asian Elephants, and they are in trouble.Thurs Apr 11 at 6pm at Violet Crown Click the following link to reserve your tickets: https://santafe.violetcrown.com/movieinfo.php?movie=HO00001822&date=2019-04-11
Write for Your Life! A Spring Writing Workshop for 6 Thursdays in April/May. Begins April 18.Juice up your creativity and jumpstart your writing in this small-group lively workshop based on the acclaimed Amherst Writers & Artists method. Together we foster a community of support enabling you to write freely and go deep: writing in response to suggested prompts, receiving feedback on what’s strong in your first-draft writing, building trust in your unique voice. We will also make time for manuscript review with balanced feedback, if requested. All are welcome: those who have never written, those who have always written. We meet in a comfortable home near downtown Santa Fe. 6 Thursdays: April 18 – May 23, 4 – 6:30 or 7 pm. For more information or to register: joannebrown.com and contact Joanne Fay Brown 510-381-1205,
- FENG SHUI FOR FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE
How are you doing with your 2019 Goals?
Have you made a Vision Board for 2019?
Would you love to create a better energy flow in your home or office?
Would you love to attract your financial goals & dreams more quickly and easily?
Diamond Feng Shui can help you do just that!
Instructor, Connie Knudson, Feng Shui consultant, author and coach, will show you how to align your environment with your goals and dreams. Connie was trained by world-renowned Marie Diamond, who was one of the key stars featured in the hit movie “The Secret.” Connie’s website is:www.connieknudson.com. Register Early! This will fill up soon! Sat, June 29 from 1-4 pm, $128 REGISTER by Emailing Connie Knudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!