Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- RSVP for Women to Women Luncheon with Guest Speaker, Katherine Palafox, Owner of Katie Bird’s Kitchen & Concierge at Market Street. Her talk: Staying in Bed is Not an Option: Conquering Fears & Pursuing My Dream Wed. Mar. 27 at noon at Cowgirl. $25 at the door. Space limited. Email here to reserve you spot.
- Live Music with Your Coffee – Westin Lee & Company plays (for tips) American folk at Iconik Coffee Roasters (Lupe) 314 S Guadalupe St. Sat, Mar 23 from 11am – 1pm.
- Santa Fe Seed Library Kick-Off – Celebrate the library’s new project with a seed swap, information from local community group & a few inspirational words from regional seed stewards. In addition to providing access to open-pollinated seeds, the seed library will offer a number of free public programs to help facilitate the growth of a community of climate-savvy gardeners. Santa Fe Public Library Southside 6599 Jaguar Drive Sat, Mar 23 from 1 – 4pm.
- Transformative Healing: The New Paradigm of Psychedelic Research – Microdosing psychedelics has recently emerged as a new treatment pathway for those afflicted with depression, PTSD, addiction, chronic pain, and those in hospice. Learn more about this controversial but promising treatment option from leading doctors in the field. Presented by Christus St. Vincent. Lensic Performing Arts Center 211 W San Francisco St. Sat, Mar 23 from 3:30 – 6pm
- Indian 101 – Native activist and national civil rights leader LaDonna Harris, after entering the world of politics via her US Senator husband, began an extensive and very public life of Indian political and social activism. It began when President Johnson assigned her to educate the executive branch of the US government on American Indian Tribes’ relationships with the federal government. This course was called “Indian 101,” and was taught to members of Congress and the Senate for over 35 years. Screen her award-winning film—she’ll be present at MIAC, too.
Museum of Indian Arts & Culture, 710 Camino Lejo , Sun, Mar 24 from 1 – 3pm
- New Mexico Gay Men’s Chorus: I Am Harvey Milk – From Tony Award-nominated composer Andrew Lippa, enjoy an emotional celebration of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man to hold public office in California and an American icon today. V Sue Cleveland High School, 4800 Laban Road NE, Rio Rancho, $20 – $35, Sun, Mar 24
- New Mexican Women Marked for History presented by The Transition Network. Join the women of TTNin welcoming Roseanne Roberts Archuletta, co-author with Phil Archuletta, of Women Marked for History discuss the history behind the names of the women on historical markers all over New Mexico.Mon. Mar 25 from 5:45-7:30 p.m. at Montezuma Lodge, 431 Paseo de Peralta, women 50 and forward welcome. Email here for more info $5.00 suggested donation.
- Game of Thrones Season 7 Screening – Join fellow superfans for two episodes a night at George RR Martin’s very own arthouse cinema. There’s a full bar and plenty of popcorn, too—but admission is by line-up, so get there early.
Jean Cocteau Cinema, 418 Montezuma Ave. Jean Cocteau Cinema, Tue, Mar 26 6:30pm
- Equal Pay Day Dinner Honoring Lilly Bedbetter, the woman who inspired the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009, the first act that then-President Obama signed into law. AAUW was instrumental in helping Ms. Ledbetter fund her expensive legal fight that went to the Supreme Court. Presented by AAUW-Santa Fe at Inn at Loretto Tues. Apr. 2 from 5 – 9 pm to meet Ms Ledbetter during a Cocktail Party (photo op!), and to hear her speak at the Dinner honoring her. For tickets click here.
P.S. This is a sponsored section. If you’re interested in running an ad here let me know.
click here for directions on how to make the bunny ears napkin fold
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!