Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
It’s January – time to get organized!
Cool Picks for the Week
- IAIA Winter Readers Gathering: Tommy Orange and Luci Tapahonso -The annual series returns, this year featuring Tommy Orange, a recent graduate from the MFA program at the Institute of American Indian Arts, His first novel, There There, received national acclaim from the New York Times, NPR and more. He is an enrolled member of the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes of Oklahoma, was born and raised in Oakland, California, and currently lives in Angels Camp, California. Luci Tapahonso is an award-winning poet and emerita professor of English and literature at the University of New Mexico. She is the author of three children’s books and six books of poetry including A Radiant Curve, which was awarded the Arizona Book Award for Poetry in 2009. Go to the auditorium in the Library and Technology Center at American Indian Arts, 83 Avan Nu Po Road , Sat, Jan 5 at 6pm
- Jouneysantafe: Mayor Alan Webber – The mayor reviews his first 10 months in office and looks ahead to the coming year. Collected Works Bookstore and Coffeehouse, 202 Galisteo St.
- Introduction to Zen – Everyone is welcome, newcomers and experienced practitioners alike, to explore the basics and finer points of Zen meditation, including good posture and finding a comfortable position. There’s also a chance to go over questions and instruction. Free. Donations welcome. Mountain Cloud Zen Center 7241 Old Santa Fe Trail, Wed, Jan 9 at 5pm.
- Santa Fe Women to Women Luncheon – Mark your calendars for Wed. Jan. 23 at noon with guest speaker, Dr. Susan Oupadia, Retired Anatomic and Clinical Pathologist on a Journey of Life talking about From Pathology to Peace Corps – A Journey Into and Out of Retirement. $25 Space Limited. RSVP here
- Cupcake Clothing is closing its doors. Everything is on sale from now till the inventory is gone or January 31, which ever comes first. 322 Montezuma Ave.
- Artist in Residence this weekend at The Four Seasons Rancho Encantado. Meet Santa Fe watercolor painter, Roberta Parry. She’ll be doing demonstrations Fri. Jan. 4 from 4-7pm, Sat. Jan. 5 friom 9-11 an & Sun. Jan. 6 from 10am-1pm.
Cool Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!