Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Plaza Tree Lighting – Fri, Nov 23: Starting at 3 pm, Girl Scouts are on hand to provide cookies and hot chocolate. At 4 pm, Santa and Mrs. Claus show up on a vintage fire truck, and at 4:30 pm, volunteers start lighting 1,000 farolitos. At 6 pm, they flip the switch and light up the trees on the Plaza for the holidays.
Cool Picks for the Week
- If you were unable to attend the November meeting of 100 Women Who Care please make your checks payable to LIFE CIRCLE NEW MEXICO (which advocates for senior services and elder care in Santa Fe) and mail them to Katie Rountree. Click here if you need Katie’s mailing address.
- Community Day at the Garden – Get free admission to the garden for New Mexico residents and students (please provide ID, naturally). Santa Fe Botanical Garden
715 Camino Lejo Fri, Nov 23 from 11am – 3pm
- Santa Fe Woman’s Club Gift Fair – Shop locally. Find jewelry, ceramics, textiles, recycled accessories, basketry and much more. Fri – Sun Nov 23 – 25 from 10am – 5pm, 1616 Old Pecos Trail
- Grief and the Holidays, presented by The Transition Network. Eileen Joyce, a Certified Professional Coach & Grief Recovery Specialist, leads conversation on how to help ourselves& those around us who may be grieving, especially during the holidays. Mon. Nov 26 from 5:45-7:30 pm Montezuma Lodge, 431 Paseo de Peralta, women 50 & forward welcome. $5.00 suggested donation. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Readings in the Library – The college library and its creative writing program host a series of readings featuring faculty and students. Santa Fe Community College
6401 Richards Ave Thurs, Nov 29 at 5pm
Cool Art Event
Giving Thanks – Smoke Fired & Glazed Platters by Heidi Loewen – Gallery Opening & Reception, 315 Johnson St, Fri, Nov 23 from 5-8 pm & Sat, Nov 24 from 11-6 pm
Heidi Loewen In the Pines
Smoked & Carved Porcelain D: 30”
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!