Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Turkey Treats!
Cool Picks for the Week
- If you were unable to attend Wednesday’s meeting of 100 Women Who Care please make your checks payable to LIFE CIRCLE NEW MEXICO(which advocates for senior services and elder care in Santa Fe) and mail them to Katie Rountree. Click here if you need Katie’s mailing address.
- Adopt-A-Native-Elder Information Session – a nonprofit that supports traditional Diné elders who live in their cultural and spiritual traditions deep on the reservation. The program provides food, simple medicines, clothing, fabric, wood and yarns to help these elders live on the land in their traditional lifestyle. Casa Chimayo 409 W Water St, Sat, Nov 17 at 4:30pm
- Santa Fe Ski & Board Swap & Sale – Great deals on new & used ski clothing & equipment. Sign up on Friday to sell your used gear for a $2 concession fee per item; 20 percent of sales support the Santa Fe Ski Team. Genoveva Chavez Community Center, Sat, Nov 17 from 9am – 6pm
- Native Heritage Month Film Screening: New World Rising – This PBS four-part series reaches back 15,000 years to reveal massive cities aligned to the stars, unique systems of science and spirituality, and 100 million people connected by social networks spanning two continents. Museum of Indian Arts & Culture $6 – $12 or free with museum admission. Sat, Nov 17 at 1pm
- Santa Fe Woman’s Club Gift Fair – Holiday shopping locally. Find jewelry, ceramics, textiles, recycled accessories, basketry and so much more.
Santa Fe Woman’s Club, 1616 Old Pecos Trail Sat & Sun, Nov 24 & 25 from 10am – 5pm
Meet Santa Fe artist Cheri O’Brien, the featured artist in residence this weekend. She’ll being doing demonstrations & showing her work at Four Seasons Rancho Encantado, Fri & Sat. 11/16 & 11/17 from 4-7 pm and Sun 11/18 from noon – 2pm
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!