Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- If you were unable to attend Wednesday’s meeting of 100 Women Who Care please make your checks payable to LIFE CIRCLE NEW MEXICO (which advocates for senior services and elder care in Santa Fe) and mail them to Katie Rountree. Click here if you need Katie’s mailing address.
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby Meeting – Learn how CCL is working for climate change solutions that bridge the partisan divide and how you can help the group’s efforts to support the introduction of the carbon fee and dividend bill in Congress. For more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 690-2247 Free, Santa Fe Public Library Main Branch, Sat, Nov 10 at 10:00am
- Household Hazard Waste Amnesty Day – We all know there are restrictions on what you can throw in the trash willy-nilly. Not all of us follow those restrictions, but for anyone who’s actually a good citizen and has a pile of hazardous garbage in your yard or garage just waiting to get tossed, now’s your chance to dispose of it properly for free. (Waste must be in five-gallon or smaller containers.)
Here’s the kind of stuff you should drop off:
– Motor oil and antifreeze
– Paints, Stains Varnishes, Lacquers & Thinners
– Pesticides & Herbicides
– Cleaning Products
– Aerosol Cans
– Rechargeable Batteries
– Fluorescent Light Bulbs
– Televisions (CRT & Flat Screen)
– Computers, Monitors, Keyboards, Mice, etc.
– Electronic Devices
– Gaming Systems
Buckman Road Recycling and Transfer Station, 2600 Buckman Road, 424-1850 ext. 400, Sat, Nov 10 from 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Cranksgiving – This two-wheeled, pedal-powered food drive is part bike ride, part food drive and part scavenger hunt. All you need is a bike, a bag, and a lock. Ride around to nearby grocery stores and get food items on a list (it all goes to the Food Depot), and compare times and distances with your fellow bicyclists for prizes and pride. There’s no entry fee, but be prepared to spend at least $25 on food donations. Back Road Pizza, Sat, Nov 10 at 10:30am
- Hospice Education Day – Everything you need to know about either caring for someone else, or setting up care for yourself—including bilingual simulcast bilingual presentations on Hospice 101 and medical cannabis and end-of-life care; breakout sessions on underserved communities, grief and loss talking circles, supporting grieving children, plus a meet and greet with local health care and end-of-life service providers. Everyone gets a boxed lunch from Kingston Residence. Space is limited, so reserve your spot at email@example.com. Higher Education Building, Sat, Nov 10 at
10:00am – 2:30pm
- Veterans Day Celebration at Museum of Indian Arts & Culture – Celebrate the patriotism and sacrifices of Native American men and women. The Te Tsu Geh Oweenge School dance group performs, and at 2 pm, screen Defending the Fire, a documentary about the story of the Warrior, the importance of cultures in modern quests, and the lessons of war through the lens of these cultures, 710 Camino Lejo Santa Fe, Sun, Nov 11 at 11:00am
- Learn to Meditate – Explore the peace of meditation with teachings, contemplations and discussion, and by meditating on Lamrim, the 21 meditations that can connect us to a profound level of joy and perhaps make our lives more meaningful. Zoetic 230 St. Francis Drive $10, Sun, Nov 11 from 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Local author of The Fog of Faith, Dr. Leona Stucky can join your Santa Fe book club, please send her an email request. Buy The Fog of Faith at your local bookstore oronline. Also available on Kindle & Audible.
Cool Holiday Gift-Making Idea
Workshops with Artist Angel Wynn Using Photos & Encaustic Wax – Click here to sign up. 3-hours Sessions on Nov 16, 17 & Dec. 1, 3
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!