Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Voting is Cool
Cool Picks for the Week
- Mark Your Calendars for our next 100 Women Who Care meeting, Wed. Nov. 7th at 6pm (arrive early to sign in) at the Scottish Rite Temple. If you’d like a tour of the temple come at 5pm. Invite a friend!
- “Great Read” says Ms. Magazine of local author Dr. Leona Stucky’s book, The Fog of Faith. Dr. Stucky can join your Santa Fe book club, please send her an email request. Buy The Fog of Faith at your local bookstore or online. Also available on Kindle & Audible.
- Fixit Clinic, a do-it-together activity where people bring their broken household things and learn how to assess, disassemble, and hopefully repair them instead of sending them to the landfill. For more info: www.fixitclinic.org. Sat., Nov 3, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. at Make Santa Fe, 2879 All Trades Rd
- Holiday Craft & Vendor Fair to benefit Esperanza Shelter, Sat., Nov 3 from 10 am- 4 pm at Fraternal Order of Police Building, 3300 Calle Maria Luisa.
- Memory Care Alliance’s Caregiver Education Day – what it means to be a caregiver to someone suffering from memory loss. Speakers include Tom Udall (via video) and author Patricia Conoway, who wrote a memoir about caring for an abused horse and her mother with Alzheimer’s. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-9752 for registration info.
- Confinement in the Land of Enchantment – hear from the Santa Fe Dreamers Project to learn more about the past, present and future of migrant detention in New Mexico, and have an earnest conversation about issues of citizenship, identity and civil liberties. Santa Fe Public Library LaFarge Branch, Mon, Nov 5 at 4:30pm
- Taste of Spain dinner at El Meson because: (1) you love Spanish food, wine, and/or El Meson; (2) you love Flamenco; (3) you love supporting incredible local nonprofits that help the underserved; (4) you love connecting people with horses; and/or (5) you love helping people continue to be able to walk. Wed, Nov. 7th, El Meson for a to benefit the New Mexico Center for Therapeutic Riding (NMCTR)*, a 501(c)(3).
- Election Day! Tues., Nov 6 – Don’t forget to VOTE!
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!