Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
By Santa Fe Photographer, Helen K. Garber
Meet her & see her work at “Dining with the Artist” on Oct. 10th, plus enjoy a delicious thre-course meal.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Dean’s Lecture Series: Teachers and Students: Martin Heidegger Comes to America St. John’s College, Fri, Sep 21, 7:30pm
- Sundance Film Festival 2018 Short Film Tour – Fri. Sept. 21 – Thurs. Sept. 27 at Jean Cocteau Cinema. Click here for showtimes
- Santa Fe Rally for Recovery – Down at the spacious performance green, let’s help make Santa Fe a recovery-friendly community with music by DJ Oona, a recovery-themed art show, speakers, healing demonstrations, kid’s activities, free food by Peas ‘n’ Pod Catering, 50+ exhibitors and performances by Wise Fool acrobats and clowns. Railyard Park, Sat, Sep 22 from 12- 4 pm
- Museum Hill Community Day – Sun, Sep 23 All Day Explore Museum Hill for FREE!
- Labyrinth Walk – Join the Labyrinth Resource Group for a special labyrinth walk for the autumnal equinox with flute music. Museum of International Folk Art Sun, Sep 23 at 1pm
- Help restore the historic murals along the river located below the Boys and Girls club on Alto Street. Local resident and artist Carlos Cervantes first painted the murals in 1994 and has been working on the current restoration since 2017. The park is a place of inspiration as well as home to Aztec dancers of Danza Tonantzin de Analco. Louis Montaño Park, Sun, Sep 23 from 12 – 6 pm Bring your favorite paintbrush! Drinks and snacks will be provided. Park near the Boys and Girls Club at 730 Alto St.
- Full Moon Water Wheel Ceremony – Pray for moisture, bless the waters and offer up items for blessings and in hopes of heavy rains. Frenchy’s Field, Mon, Sept 24 at 5pm
- A Salute to Whistleblowers – Nuclear Watch New Mexico hosts a fundraiser with Valerie Plame and Los Alamos whistleblowers Chuck Montano and Jim Doyle for an evening exploring brave acts that made a difference. Center for Contemporary Arts
$25 suggested donation, Tues., Sep 25 at 7pm
- Register Now for Paul Selig’s Beyond the Known: A Channeled Weekend Workshop in Santa Fe Sat, Oct 13th: 10 am – 4 pm thru Sun, Oct 14th: 10 am – 4 pm, Inn and Spa at Loretto, 211 Old Santa Fe Trail – click here for more info
- Here From Hollywood for One Night Only – Cock Tales: Shame on Me! Ticket includes Dinner & One Woman Show with Actress/Playwright, Debra Ehrhardt Thurs. Oct. 11. Click here for tickets. Seating Limited
The Aspens are starting to turn! – Head up to the Santa Fe Ski Basin this weekend for chairlift rides, disc golf, bocce ball, live music, a beer garden and a sports shop sale. Little Leroy and His Pack of Lies play some live rock ‘n’ roll, and the chair lift is $12-$16, Sun, Sep 23 from 10am – 3pm
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!