Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
Cool Picks for the Week
- Handwriting Lives! During the golden age of penmanship (1860-1930), before the typewriter, becoming a master penman was the path to a successful career and high regard of friends and colleagues. Today there are only 11 individuals who bear the title of master penman, and one of them is Bill Kemp of Albuquerque. New Mexico History Museum, Fri, Sep 14 at 6pm
- Santa Fe Watershed Association presents a Talk and Tour: Common Problems, Commons Solutions: Archaeological Insights into Sustainably Managing Water for the Long-Term by award-winning anthropological archaeologist Dr. Michael Aiuvalasit. The talk will be held this Fri., Sept. 14th at the Women’s Club in Santa Fe, and the tour will take place the next day on Sat., Sept. 15th. Click here for prices and info.
- New Mexico Railroad History Celebration – Family weekend event in the Railyard Sept. 15-16. Click here for details. Train Film Fest includes: 3:10 to Yuma and the original Murder on the Orient Express at Violet Crown Cinema, $9 – $12, Sat/Sun, Sep 15/16 at 2 & 6pm. Railroad Art, Photography, and Model Railroad Exhibition from September 8-30.
- Santa Fe Renaissance Faire – Sat/Sun Sept 15 & 16 at El Rancho de las Golondrinas – a community event whose proceeds help fund the educational programs of El Rancho de las Golondrinas and the Santa Fe School for the Arts & Sciences. 10am – 5 pm. Travel back in time. Ride in a Spanish Galleon. Learn about Renaissance arts and sciences. Shrink in size as you enter the Fairy Village and pet a unicorn. Enjoy performances and music, food, and arts and crafts.
- Poet Lauren Camp: Reads Turquoise Door – Camp’s fourth collection of poetry is written as a series of conversations with Mabel Dodge Luhan, the artist, feminist, and utopian visionary of early 20th-century Taos. op.cit Books in DeVargas, Sun, Sept 16 at 2pm
- Full Moon Water Wheel Ceremony – Pray for moisture, bless the waters and offer up items for blessings and in hopes of heavy rains. Frenchy’s Field, Mon, Sept 24 at 5pm
- Here From Hollywood for One Night Only – Cock Tales: Shame on Me! Ticket includes Dinner & One Woman Show with Actress/Playwright, Debra Ehrhardt Thurs. Oct. 11. Click here for tickets. Seating Limited
Cheesy Skillet Cornbread – Yum! Recipe here
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!