Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please forward it to a friend if you like it.
A “Hot” One
Burning of Zozobra, aka Old Man Gloom, the Original Burning Man
How tall is Zozobra? 50 feet 2 inches tall.
How much does Zozobra weigh? Approximately 2,000 lbs.
What is Zozobra made of? Wood, wire, poultry netting, muslin, nails, screws, pulleys, plywood, shredded paper, spray paint, pizza pans and duct tape!
Click here for event info
Cool Picks for the Week
- RSVP for SF Women to Women Luncheon Wed. Sept. 12 with guest speaker Kelly Wendorf, EQUUS talking about Horse Wisdom – 5 Million Years of Feminine Leadership for Today’s World. Noon at Cowgirl. $25 cash or check at the door. Don’t forget to RSVP today!
- Register Now for Paul Selig’s Beyond the Known: A Channeled Weekend Workshop in Santa Fe Sat, Oct 13th: 10 am – 4 pm thru Sun, Oct 14th: 10 am – 4 pm, Inn and Spa at Loretto, 211 Old Santa Fe Trail – click here for more info
- Santa Fe Overdose Memorial at Santuario de Guadalupe, Fri, Aug 31 at 4:30pm
Join Recovery Santa Fe in remembering those our community lost in the last year. This year’s event also includes the first few panels of the Overdose Photo Memorial quilt, similar to the AIDS quilt sewn many years ago by mothers who’d lost children to that epidemic. As the quilt grows, Recovery Santa Fe plans to exhibit it at the Legislature and eventually in Washington, DC. For more info, email email@example.com
- Fall Activities at the Santa Fe Ski Basin – Sat. & Sun. 11 am – 3 pm, chairlift rides, disc golf, live music, a beer garden and a sports shop sale, plus discounts on advance lift tickets (because this winter can’t possibly be worse than last, right?).
- Tickets on Sale Now for Santa Fe Farmers’ Market Fall Fiesta. By attending you help strengthen northern New Mexico agriculture, preserve small farms, build community around locally produced food, combat food insecurity by making healthy food available to everyone in our community, and maintain their permanent home for the Santa Fe Farmers’ Market in the Santa Fe Railyard.
- Volunteers needed for STEM Santa Fe’s Expanding your Horizons conference on Saturday October 13, 2018 at Santa Fe Community College. We are expecting 200 girls, in 5th-8th grade, from Santa Fe and Northern NM schools to participate. For more details and to sign up click here or contact: Volunteer@stemsantafe.org if you have any questions. They also need donations of swag for the conference bags and/or inkind donations of STEM kits as door prizes. Any number of swag items is accepted. Contact: Lina.Germann@stemsantafe.org
A message from Katie Rountree: “Each fall I try to put together a Giving Box which I keep in my car at all times. The box contains items that might be needed by the homeless or someone caught in a sudden rainstorm. I like to keep jackets and gloves in the box because as fall approaches often times the homeless are unprepared for the colder weather and I can just give them a jacket and some gloves on the spot. A box of dog treats are also in my Giving Box because many homeless people now have dogs as companions and what dog couldn’t use a little extra treat? I carry umbrellas because so many people don’t have one handy in a sudden rainstorm. If I see some caught in the rain I can just hand one to them. Other items are band aids, extra water and anything else I think someone could use. If you have any of these items that you no longer need, I would greatly appreciate a donation to the Giving Box. You may bring items to the next Women to Women Lunch on Sept. 12th or email me for pick up. Thank you! Katie
U Pick Lavender Field Now Open!
Stroll through the fields and pick your own lavender bundle for $10 now thru Nov. 3 when they will close for the season. Tues. – Sat. 10 am – 5pm. Lunch at the Lavender Teahouse from 10am – 2:30 pm. www.purpleadobelavenderfarm.com
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!