Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. There’s lots going on this week!
El Bosque at Sunset by Roberta Parry, Transparent Watercolor
Plan to see a collection of Roberta Parry’s work on the Santa Fe Studio Tour at Studio #47
June 16-17, 23-24
Cool Pick of the Week
Memorial Day Ceremony
Santa Fe National Cemetery Mon, May 28, 10am
The Memorial Day ceremony includes patriotic music and speakers. The cemetery is expecting a large crowd for the event, so staff will assist with traffic control. Attendees are permitted to bring in lawn chairs and blankets to sit on the grassy areas surrounding the rostrum, but no alcoholic beverages are allowed, so leave that cooler at home for later.
- Railyard Park Conservancy‘s Sand Play Saturdays opens today and will take place every Saturday, 10-12 from May 26th to August 11th.
- Journey Santa Fe presents “Utility Policy, Politics, and a Prosperous, Healthy Future for our State” w/ Merrie Lee Soules, intro by Don Kurtz, hosted by Alan Webber, Bill Dupuy & Susan Tarman. Sun. May 27, 11 am at Collected Works Bookstore
- Zia Singers 25th Anniversary Concert, Sun. May 27 at 3pm at the Santa Fe Women’s Club
- Santa Fe Opera Backstage Tours, behind-the-scenes tours backstage at the opera start Mon. May 28 at 9am and continue thru Aug. 24. $10 at the box office.
- Santa Fe Chapter of the Awesome Foundation is accepting grant applications.You could win a $1,000 grant to turn your awesome community project into an awesome reality! Open to Individuals or groups. Deadline June 1. Apply here:http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/santafe Questions? Email email@example.com
- Last reminder to send your checks! If you are a member but were unable to attend the last 100 Women Who Care Meeting please mail your checks, payable to Feed Santa Fe, to Katie Roundtree.Click here to get her address
(A Room of My Own by Sean Mary Helen Johnson, Archival Print)
- Mark Your Calendar: Fri. June 8, Open Studio “Make Believe” a Mixed Media Photography exhibit from Santa Fe artist Sean Mary Helen Johnson, 4 – 7 pm at 829 Don Cubero St. in South Capitol. Sponsored by Art Showcase
- Communities in Schools in New Mexico needs volunteers to help w/ food distribution, math tutoring & literacy support. email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have something you want to post to the Cool List regarding a non-profit in Santa Fe Email me & I’ll be happy to share for free. If you have something you’d like to post regarding your for-profit business, service or event, I’ll be happy to share for a small fee. Email me for details.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!