Welcome to the Cool List, my blog about cool things happening in Santa Fe. Please share.
Sunrise Gondola by Patti Bose, Archival Prints, click here for purchase info
Cool Pick of the Week
March for Our Lives: Peacefully protest mass shootings and gun violence and demand that the lives of children, students, parents and teachers be made a priority. Meet at the Roundhouse, State Capitol Building, 490 Old Santa Fe Trail & march to the Plaza, and end with a rally at the Plaza. Sat, Mar. 24, noon. T-shirts available at Jean Cocteau Cinema.
- Girls Inc has a new sewing machine! Thank you Christine Remy for your donation and kind heart. We had many people respond and lots of people who would be grateful for a sewing machine. If there are others out there collecting dust and you’d like to gift it, let me know!
- The Zia Singers, the New Mexico Gay Men’s Chorus and the Rio Rancho Youth Chorus join together to perform Sun. Mar. 25 at 3pm at V. Sue Cleveland High School Concert Hall, 4800 Laban Rd NE, Rio Rancho
- RSVP for Santa Fe Women2Women Luncheon, Wed. Mar. 28, noon at Cowgirl. Guest Speaker is Julie Rivers, talking about Everything but the Trust and Will: All about the Importance of the Powers of Attorney. $25 cash at the door. Click here for more information about our monthly luncheons & let me know if you have a speaker you’d like to recommend for future luncheons.
- Ongoing project by a coalition of equestrians, hikers, runners and search and rescue groups to map New Mexico’s San Pedro Parks Wilderness, a beautiful area two hours northwest of Santa Fe. Meeting is at Pecos Trail Cafe,2239 Old Pecos Trai, Wed, Mar. 28 at 7:00pm
- 100 Kids Who Care in Santa Fe is looking student liaisons at each of the high schools in Santa Fe to help build the group by announcing the meetings, putting up flyers and encouraging fellow students to attend. There are only 2 meetings left for this school year: Sat. Mar. 31 and Sat. Apr. 21. If you know of a student who would be interested in being a part of the founding board and representing their school, please contact Coco Randolph. FYI For the meetings kids bring $5 to $20 ($5 = 1 vote) and support local non-profits. Together kids can make a difference too!
Recommended by Lynne Einleger
What have you read lately that you love?
Have something you want to post to the Cool List? Email me & I’ll be happy to share.
Please forward this onto your friends in Santa Fe and ask them to Sign Up for my emails! Thank you!!